Can someone tell me what somatization is? I occasionally feel very bad and my sis claims I actually have somatization symptoms for whenever it comes to some stressful situation-which is very frequent recently-I have physical pain such as severe headache, nausea and vomiting and I also have severe abdominal pain accompanied with stomach cramping especially during my periods. I also had some situations in which I have experienced something like my leg were paralyzed and I have stayed out of breath and it has lasts for hours –those situations really occurs in somewhat unpleasant and stressful situation but are for sure accompanied with physical pain –for it is not something I could control and my sis claims it is something about my mental condition that causes me have this physical pain anyway she was telling something about some somatization disorder- The thing is that I practically feel seek but no doc could find no physical cause to my condition so I would like to hear some info somatization related.

It could easily be you have those physical symptoms therefore pains that are actually caused by stressful situation and some hard emotional situations-actually somatization is condition where physical pain is related to certain mental condition so practically having somatization means having some sort of mental or better conversion disorder. Therefore you don’t have no physical illness basically the clue is treating mental condition for in patients with somatization is very obvious that those physical symptoms and pain disappear along with emotional stress. Usually no meds are being prescribed for treating somatization but for it is very common that somatization is usually accompanied with mild depression and anxiety so maybe some mild antidepressants could help but I would rather recommend some talking therapy for example you may try with some cognitive behavioral therapy.