I've been living with chronic constipation and lower gi pain for over 4 years. All tests come back negative. I'm living on stool softening agents to get thru each day. Gastric emptying scan came back as very slow. Pain in left hip down to groin area. Sometimes my tail bone is killing me.
The Drs. dismiss me as "fine".
I'm eating a low fat, low fiber, non-wheat diet. Any other suggestions?

The pain is to bad I can barely work some days. Chronic gas, bloating etc. None of my clothes fit my lower gi is so extended I look pregnant!

Like you I have such issues...I can even predict major weather storms. What has worked for me is motrin, doing yoga exercises on the floor and just a few seems to really do the trick...I also sit in a bed with one of those heated mattress pads on high. For the gas and bowels issues, I take gas x, a tablet with fiber and and tablet of acidophilus and bifidus to rebalance my track....then if I feel wierd down "there" I take a cystex to help with the pain. Sounds like a lot but I balance it out depending on my symtoms and it seems to give me relief....I seem to get flare ups caused by stress or lifting things that are just too heavy. Hope you find some relief with my ideas....Take care, Z-girl

You both may also want to try Vitamin B5, also known as Pantothenic Acid. It stimulates the nerves that are responsible for moving your intestines, it is used to treat Paralytic Ilius, meaning paralized intestines. I have these same problems, but for about 8 years now, been to many different doctors that never seemed to want to test me for anything except white blood cell counts. Even with the B5, I still have to take laxative to be able to go but it works longer and I need less since I've been taking the B5. Hope this helps you. I have had no luck going to any doctors and there are a lot of people out there with these same issues. If you have any other symptoms that you have been treated for, include those in your research. The doctors seem to want to treat each individual symptom instead of looking at you as a whole person, so you'll probably have to figure it out yourself.

I was having similar pains, and MRI,CT,Ultrasound,blood tests, nerve test all came negative.
I went to a Pain doctor who felt along the spine near tail bone and identified a slightly painful point,
and gave a steroid injection which cured tail bone pain and pain when stools were pressing over it.

I also had groin/pelvic/buttock pain, and another injection to sacroilliac joint (under anesthesia)
cured most of those pains.
Please see a doctor specialized in Pain medicine, they may be able to help you.
Injections cured pain unlike topical or oral pain medicine.

Also do some exercises regularly described at this wesite;

Wish you alla pain-free life!!

There is a muscle called the Psoas/Illiopsoas that may be causing some of your problems and is easy to test for and have worked on; it is actually a back muscle that follows along the back of the pelvic bowl and lands on the ball of the femur causing leg shortening and can torque/twist the pelvis when tight----but is also well known to cause back pain, gas and constipation! Some people will even experience male groin/ovarian pain when this deep back muscle tightens up and the Sacroilliac joint can become locked up under it's strain as well often causing pain down the buttock and leg.

A good/well trained massage therapist and chiropractor can pick this up and treat it very easily. I am a clinical massage therapist and I see this very often and have clients, before they see me and tell me about it, go for imaging w/no results looking for other larger causes. I know it may seem 'too simple' but really it's very very common and often from simple activities that caused you to lift too much, new exercise routines/pilates on a mat (leg leverage too great for low back/abs to handle) or bad fall.

I am 47 and have to use suppositories to have a bowel movement most of the time.  Anytime I need to have a bowel movement i have severe back pain and I constantly have bone pain.  I have been told i have irristble bowel, spastic colon, and diverticulous.  I have severe bone pain in my hips and legs mainly.  I had a ovary taken out last year, they said my bowels where adhered to my ovarys.  After surgery I developed an illias and my bowel totally shut down.  My symptons got better after surgery but have come back. I know its my colon, but have not got any answeres from any of the drs. that work. Anybody got any hints except diet.  It hasn't helped.

Drink fruit Juice, blend your own they have plenty of fibre and they will help you to go off. (Mango, Apple, Kiwi)

I know your feeling. I hav suffered from this for manya long year....I as diagnosed with H.pylori and after treatment was no better....I am now going to see if i can be testedfor intestinak candida overgrowth as the pain is getting worse all the time

I'm having pain near my butt and it is har to sit and lay down. I'm 35 years old. I'm wondering if maybe it has to do with constipation?

I have the same problem....off and on for many years....I have just self diagnosed myself as having small bowwl intestinal overgrowth...I now take inner health plus and am seeking natural products to help...drs don't want to try to help asit is said that is called antibiotic syndrome...drs feeding people on antibiotics for wverything kills off the good bacteria as well as bad and the bad grows so fast it out numbers the good and then becomes systemic causing arthritis, joint and muscle pains. you name it you have got it.....I am hoping the information that I have will help me andothers....diet is a big thing....no acidic foods as candida feeds off sugar and alcohol.

Have you considered a change to your diet? High fiber helps with constipation. Low fat foods are full of chemicals...you are better off eating a "clean" full fat diet....like omega 3s found in olive oil & coconut oil.
It could also be the result of a subluxation, in which case chiropractic care may be helpful.
I would recommend seeing a chiropractor, or a functional nutritionist (NOT a dietician).

Have any of you tried checking your thyroid? I was so constipated and had so much gas, bloating. I was diagnosed with 2 things. Thryroiditis which explains the constipation and celiac disease which explains the gas, bloating after eating anything with gluten in it. Get your thyroid tested. It controls a lot of things in your body. I am on a thyroid pill each day but am feeling way better. Only thing is my tail bone is really sore from the stress of being constipated. Good luck!

What I had/have is 10 days deep respiratory cold, changed to 4 weeks of diarrhea, then intense bone aches in the hips and tail bone,, knee areas...(almost couldn't walk) ER shows no blood problems, stool sample tested negative "for what they tested for". 

any suggestions?

Oh Please Kids, get smart! Until you are free of Gluten and processed foods and preservatives in your diet and start taking a Whole food based pro-biotic supplement, you are bound to have "Unknown" illnesses that Doctors cant fix. Medical Doctors will NEVER tell you how to solve your issues with diet changes. NEVER!

Please read The Makers Diet, or visit Extraordinary Health. It takes effort. You cant sit on you Tass and expect miracles. We are a machine that must have all the right fuels to run at an optimum efficiency.

Please! Get Smart. Its not found in a Pill.

ROCK 

ask them to check for "rectocele"