16 yr old male. On/off constipation for past 2 months.

It all started with one night where I became constipated, this lasted for 4 days. I then went to the ER after abdominal cramping and pain. They didn't do any scans, but told me that I didn't have any obstruction or something like that, just mild constipation.

So they gave me a suppository which really didn't seem to work. Some flaky liquid feces came out, but I really had to push it out, and strain a little for it to come out. My abdominal cramping was relieved though.

Then for the next 3 or 4 days I was taking docusate sodium (Stool softener) which still after those days did nothing. So then i took a hard laxative after getting fed up with it (ExLax) which worked well. Then I was clean with no constipation for about 3 weeks, eating healthy, high fiber diet, lot of liquid. I became very gassy and felt like gas was being retained for the next few days, which I assume was from the high fiber diet and the exlax.

Then I started to slip a little, and my diet got a little high in fats, little less water, and got constipated again, so I took another ExLax (It had been about a month and a half since I had last taken it) It seemed to help and my stool was all diarrhea which came out, but then a few days to a week after I was constipated yet again, which brings me to now.

The constipation I have now, started as flaky small bits, which I assume was the drying out of my stool. They weren't round hard balls, Just flaky pellets.

I've been taking Omega 3-6-9 capsules over the entire course as the local pharmacist said it would help promote regularity and keep everything lubricated. (Contains borage oil, flaxseed oil and fish oil)

I haven't had any bleeding or blood in stool, no mucus, no vomiting, no severe abdominal pains, no abdominal spasms (at least from what I can tell). Every time I'm constipated and go and try to have a bowel movement, the first thing I get when I sit down is flatulence. Normal? I don't know. Another thing I noticed right as I had become constipated is that my lower right abdomen, a part of it would bulge outwards when I flex my abdomen. When I first became constipated I also noticed some tension in that area that radiated down into my upper thigh. And actually, I made a picture of where the bulge is:

It isn't large, but it's noticeable only when I flex my abdomen. I also have a few lymph nodes right below that in the groin area that are slightly larger then the ones on the other side of my groin. When I went to the doctor he checked them and said that they should go away after a month or two, he also checked for hernias (Inguinal) and found nothing. I've been pressing them and touching them a lot also, so I assume longer. They haven't grown or swollen anymore since I first found them and they are about .5 inch wide. I also found a rash on my inner groin, which I think is just jock itch, although I don't play any sports. Possibly got it from not drying well enough after showers.

I have a hard time having a nice bulky bowel movement, even when i eat good foods. My stool has been coming out in small pieces. When I strain I feel like something should be coming out but nothing does, all I've been able to get is some mushy stool that I wipe off.

If you need any more details as to what could be causing this please ask.

As of now, I've been thinking maybe mild IBS, or some sort of blockage.

Also, about a month ago I strained a little too hard and hurt a part of the outside of my anus. There was no blood, and the pain/itch subsided after the next day, and I hope that that might not have caused any trouble.

I can't tell if I have hemorrhoids or not, but a part of the lip of my anus has a part of it that looks like it has been "pumped with air" so to speak, just a small, soft round ball thats a bit bigger then the rest of my anus. It doesn't hurt to touch, no bleeding or mucus.

Um, wo, kinda spilled my thoughts here. Thanks to anyone who reads..

And one more thing, I am going to the doctor again, so don't tell me to do that - I've already gone to him once.

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I have the same symptoms.

Hi, I've been going through alot of those promblems. It sounds like you need to see a Gastrointestinal specialist. I've been liveing like that for over 3 years. They have been trying to figure my situation..not yet. It sounds like you NEED a new Dr. I've been to several, including a surgeon (rectal) Had 2 surgeries-VERY painful. You Know how you feel and your body works...just keep on with YOUR health care, find another DR!!!!! Most of them don't care or have NO idea what they're doing, they have never gone through that pain. Google G.I. specialists in your area...It takes a long time to get your foot in the door. I can't believe you haven't had a CT scan yet!!! That's outragious!!! If things get too painful, go to the ER. They will have to do a scan to see whats going on. Wish you well.

Hi i am also having the same bulge i noticed it like 4 months back and it has remained the same size only more noticeable at times like late in the evening etc, did u find a solution. I am also having ringing in ears , i am not sure if this is connected. Please reply thanks.

I guess that you are suffering from the lack of magnesium in your nerve system, but the good news is yor symptons are not in a bad condition. Take more magnesium in your food habit which just works like a MAGNESIUM MIRACLE. Please don't take the risk and let your body to the bad condition.

Whoever you are, I am your twin! Exactly the same conditions, constipation for 4 days, same buldge on lower right abdomin and same toilet habits! My Dr just gave me a laxative and told me to take fibre which I'm doing, but the same as you I still can't go to the toilet daily. Maybe every 3-4 and even then it's only a small amount. Please let me know how you go! I've very interested ☺️