My grandpa had a hip fracture and now he is in hospital. His doctor told to my parents that he is in a bad condition because he is very old. He is 81 and he also has a bone tumor. I’m wondering now can bone tumors cause hip fracture? Does anybody know that?

Unfortunately, it can. The bone tumors are one of the causes of hip fracture. The bones can become very week because of bone tumors. So, the smallest fall can cause a hip fracture. Because of that people with bone tumor need to be extremely careful. If that happen to them usually there is very small chance for recover.

Hi there,
I am not really sure if this is possible. I know that bone tumors can cause malformations of the bones, but I am not sure if your bone will break or have a fracture from the tumor. I think that something else caused his hip fracture, because older people often have problems with hip fractures because their bones are generally much weaker than in younger people. Can you tell me ore about the surgery that he will have? I know that there are several treatment options for hip fractures, depending on the main cause of the hip problem. I hope that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco