My sister told me that my symptoms show I have constipation. I figured it out because passing of my stool is hard and dry, needing to strain to have a bowel movement. Also I have feeling a sense of incomplete evacuation, or sometimes feeling pain when passing stool. I don’t know anything about constipation but this what I have just said. That’s why I want to hear more, and also should I go to the doctor when I feel it.

You may be constipated if you have three bowel movements or fewer in one week. Some people think that they should have a bowel movement once a day but that is not right number. Everyone is different and everyone’s body finds its own normal number of bowel movements. The average number for adults can vary between three times per day to three times a week. Many people think that they are constipated when they are not actually. Almost everyone gets constipated at some time and brief periods of the sudden constipation are normal. The normal number of bowel movements that you have depends on the food you eat, how much fluid you drink, and how much you exercise. Sudden constipation can be aggravated by travel, a change in diet, or from repeatedly ignoring the urge to go. Some medications can also cause sudden constipation. When this happens to you, eat more fiber. Fiber helps form soft, bulky stool and it is found in vegetables, fruits, and grains. Only when you feel sudden constipation associated with abdominal pain and blood in you stool.