I am a 20 year old male. I am active and work out. In December I began having pain on my right side that extended from my back around to my groin and into the right side of my scrotum. I went to the doctor and they treated it as epiditimytis, but it never fully went away it still comes back several times a week. Then a week ago, I started to get constipated and the pains are coming back more frequently. I went to the doctor and they found hemorrhoids. Im also having some pain under my left shoulder blade. I tryed fiber and stool softeners but my bowl still seems somewhat inconsistant. Im just wondering what the possibilites are? I have read online that it could be a Kidney infection, Gallblader problem, colon cancer, or many other things.

Hi, I have the same exact symptoms but on my left side. Funny thing is that the doc gave me the same diagnosis and, just like you, the pain didn't disappear.

How are you doing now?

How are you doing now?

I got the same symptoms too. Any ideas? I find that after a bowel movement my symptoms arent as harsh, so im thinking colon. (Though I did have a kidney infection that took me to the hospital --they gave my cipro which seemed to help but the kidney specialist (nephrologist) couldnt find anything wrong.

You have Irritable Bowel Syndrome.....when you go to the bathroom you feel relieved? classic symptom!

I would consider a kidney stone

i have the same problem. I have been getting constipated and my right side of the groin started hurting. The pain is from my back, to my side, to my right groin. The pain goes to the right side of my testicle. I was worried i may have some sort of cancer or testes problem. I am worried.

I had similar symptoms but it turned out I had triple Inguinal hernia which required surgery. That was Dec 21st 2007. Back to full activities now!

Here is what needs to be considered. When your back is out of alignment it causes the nerve not to function as well. Also the hip rotation out of place causes all the symptoms you are talking about. I treat many people with great success with these complaints. Try seeing a Chiropractor who will address this.

I am a 26 yr old female and i was having severe pains from my back around to my groin after weeks of it being on and off i went to the hospital and was diagnosed as having a kidney infection. I have taken my medication and finished it all and have now developed constipation. I get sharp pains up my side if i take a reasonable breath in or if i cough although if i can manage to use my bowels the pain becomes less. Sounds very similar so just wondering if you had bloods and urine taken to check for kidney problems

I have those same symptoms, and I was scared that it would be HEMROIDS, but when I go to the bathroom I feel relived.... one concern though... in the entrance of my anus I have a hard swollen THING, when I go to the bathroom, it goes down imediateley. Could that be a pre-hemroid? And if I get that, is there a point of no return, am I stuck with hemroids for the rest of my life?

I'm scared.

I am 16 years old, active, heavy set, and I have the EXACT symptoms without the constipation...do I have a hernia..??
please reply if you get ANY information

My husband has been ill for 5 weeks w rt side flank pain radiates into his groin and testicle. Sometimes it goes into the tailbone. He recently was diagnosed with anemia. He had ultrasound, upper gi and labs what else can be done to see why this continues?

One thing you might check (might not solve everything) is your psoas muscle. I worked out and had pain like yours. Doctors thought it might be back muscles but all wasnt working. A chiropractor found I had a twisted pelvis which put stress on those areas your mentioned. I then regularly massage my psoas muscle (very deep muscle) and it seems to not pull on the pelvis.

Wow. Those are absolutely NOT the classic symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I'd say its something related to your kidney, seeing you are experiencing the pain in your lower back. But you might do well to find a good - REPUTED accupuncturist or go and consult another doctor or 2 to get a better diagnosis. Its now March 10. Did you find out what it was?