I am 37yrs old. I had hip replacement 3 months a go. Although my hip pain is gone, I am have extreme pain in my aterior femur bone, along with pain still from the surgery. I am back to work now, I am a OB nurse, 12hr shifts, and am dying when the shift is over. Have I not had enough time to heal? I continue with exercises and ice pack is my best friend, this pain is driving me insane!!!!

Hi Jspeer, 
Did you ever figure out any possible reasons for your bone pain? My husband is experiencing the same thing after his hip replacement 7 months ago, and I'm trying to figure out possible solutions or treatments. 
Thanks in advance for your help!
Jodi

A year ago I had my left hip replaced and the next day broke my femur. The following day my femur was cabled together and my hip replaced again. Everything has heeled; however, my thigh still hurts. I've had a bone scan which showed everything is fine. Walking is difficult, any suggestions?

54 year old female w/oseto arthritis.  Had both hip replaced 3 years.  Just recently started having severe femur pain right leg.  Went back to hip dr and he took x-ray and said everything looked fine.  He claimes the pain is from the rod down my bone that is not as flexible as my bone.  But pain used to be just when walking, now it is severe, comes and goes all day whether sitting or standing and even wakes me up at night.  I think something more severe is going on.  Now what do I do?

Jodi..this maybe way too late since your post was a yr ago. But I had the same problem and finally realize it was from me crossing my legs when I sit. Since I stopped sitting that way no more Femur pain!!

I feel your pain. I am a 58 yr old female and had both hips replaced due to to many steriod injections that caused necrosis of both femurs. I have other health issues fibro, ra and pots. I am currently still seeing a pain mgmt doc and off and on still using the wheelchair. The pain is in the SI joint and groin and shoots pain down the femur almost to my knee. Recently I have started shaking on the same side and are testing for Parkinsons now. Its been life changing but I try to make the best of every day. Some days are better than others. Before this I took so many things for granted. Hang in there.

That is exactly what I think my is from too! Had both hips done 5 years ago and just started in the last month to have pain again in femur.....I was very good at not crossing my legs when sitting - such a habit though and have caught myself reverting back to it again. thanks for the reminder, because I was getting worried why after 5 years I started experiencing pain! Let me know if it resolved for you after stopping crossing legs though - or if you found something else!