Hello.  I am male and 26.  For the past 2.5 years I have had a constant dull ache in my lower left leg, above the ankle and towards the outside of the calf.  The pain is always there and worsens when I am not lying down (pain grows quickest with activity, slowest while sitting with leg propped up).  I have had numerous tests (X-ray, bonescan, MRIs, EMGs, QSART, Compartment Syndrome Test) and even surgery for Compartment Syndrome (2 compartments released - front and outside).  Every single test has been negative, barring the C.S. test, of which the resulting fasciotomy provided no relief.  I have taken multiple medications, all of which have provided no relief (including powerful painkillers such as vicodin and percocet, but also neuropathic medicines such as gabapentin).  I have seen Podiatrists, Rheumatologists, Orthopedic Surgeons, Vascular Surgeons, and Neurologists.  I have had injections tried in my back, as well as acupuncture in my leg and even tried seeing a chiropractor.  Literally NOTHING has offered even the slightest relief of my pain.  The pain is only in the mentioned area, although the area seems to spread slightly during activity.  Swelling seems to be directly linked to the level of pain.  I can walk roughly a mile before collapsing, but this requires dragging my leg the last hundred meters or so.  After completing this walk, it will take a minimum of 2-3 days for the pain to return to its base level.  I have scoured the internet for answers and come up dry.  I have also scoured the internet for anyone else experiencing or having experienced exactly the same thing as me and have found no one.  It is not CRPS.  I write this as a long shot that it may find its way to someone with definitive answers, as the multitude of doctors I've seen have either given up on finding a cure or a cause, or simply have no idea what direction to go in.  ANY help would be greatly appreciated as this has left me unable to work or even live a remotely normal life.Additional: I shall attempt to describe the pain as best I can, but without an imagination, it is hard to understand.  It as if something is squeezing the inside of my muscle against my bone, while simultaneously, my leg feels like any second it will explode outward from that spot.  Activity increases this pain, but also adds an odd element to it.  The best example I can give is it feels like my leg in that area is slowly turning to stone and that when I reach my limit, I feel like I could strike the area and it would crumble.  Odd way to put it, I know, but after 2.5 years of living with this pain, that's the best I have.

I feel for you. 

It must be difficult to live with that kind of pain. I really have no idea what it could be. I hope you find answer fast so your life gets a lighter tone. 

I was just wondering have you tried anything besides "regular" medicine. What about some alternative approaches? Maybe your problem is more of a "psychological" or "spiritual"?