Could anyone explain the chronic abdominal pain I feel for almost a year now? It's not like I have a bowel movements problem such as diarrhea or constipation I even went on x-rays and it was all ok with my abdominal organs. But still I suffer from chronic abdominal pain and sometimes it is so strong that I even get a headache and am not able to go to work. What could this be?

I think you could be dealing with what is called Chronic Functional Abdominal Pain-CFAP. The chronic abdominal pain is usually described as extra sensitivity of intestines-it has something to do with the way that the brain is accepting the nerves messages over the pain that comes from the abdomen. So in few words you have very sensitive gastrointestinal tract. You must at first place find a physician who could understand the way you feel and you need to find whatever the cause of your chronic abdominal pain was. It could be some emotional or professional stress you have gone through or some traumatic event m might be a trigger of chronic abdominal pain. try to ease your situation with chronic abdominal pain with some relaxation training or some other techniques, and of course discuss with your doc about taking some medications in relieving your pain and I also recommend the use of some antidepressant for you also have these headaches that might have been caused by the prolonged abdominal pain that could also might make you depressed. And I wouldn't advice no narcotics to be used in solving your problem for their use might cause you even severe abdominal pain.

Is your abdominal pain in the upper right quad of your abdomen just under the ribcage? I too had been dealing with a constant pain in my upper right quad area of my abdomen, a constant pressure for over a year. I went through ultra sounds, testing of the gall bladder onto meeting with an internist for additional testing and nothing. I finally went to my husbands chiropractor upon his insistance. He put me through several physical tests and concluded that he felt the problem was with my liver. He asked if I drank coffee (big time coffee lover) and wanted to know if I get a buzz from the caffeine, told him never. He gave me a tablet of A-F Beta Food to put on my tongue for about a minute, went back through the physical test and there was a huge change. He concluded that I have a dysfunctional liver and it is most likely gunked up by white food products. I thought to myself right! Sent me on my way with a bottle of the A-F Beta Food and told me to take 2 tablets a day. I began to really be aware of what I was eating prior to the onset of this pain and sure enough, whenever I ate white food products the pain would come on within about 10 minutes. After about 2 weeks of taking these pills, I can now eat white food products however, I have also chosen to change my eating habits not cosuming white flour products and no longer deal with this pain at all plus it's a much healthier and simple choice to make.

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

can anyone take A-F Beta Food for stomach pain

I also have suffered with lower abdominal pain. It has been going on for about 6-7 months now. It is usually severe. I have exhausted all my efforts at hospitals and with doctors and with surgery. No one is willing to help me with this problem anymore. They are not able to locate anything causing the problem so its like they dont believe it. I have had to come to my own solutions and since I am not on any pain relievers for this problem I needed to take matters into my own hands. The only relief I have gotten besides when the doctors were willing to help me was I have had to smoke marijuana for my pain, and that is the only solution I could come to. I have been to every doctor, had surgery and even went to a pain clinic. It has been the only way I have been able to give my life any type of quality.

I have read all of these posts with great interest as I have also been experiencing severe abdominal pain for nearly six years now. When it started I went to the doctor who ordered tests and I had the full upper and lower GI's done as well as seeing a specialist. I was told by the specialist that it was a mis-fire of neurons perhaps or possibly depression. When I insisted that I was not depressed, he suggested I try a low dosage of anti-depressant anyhow. I refused. The pain has continued and I have found no relief. I eat a mostly vegetarian diet that is high in fibre, mostly organic and contains almost no refined flours or sugars. I drink moderately and don't smoke. When this started I was extremely fit. I have since slowed down the level of physical activity because the pain seems to be slightly aggravated by exercise. Pain is stabbing in the region of my overies, vagina and cervix predominantly. Palpating the area is excruciatingly painful. Pressing into the centre of my abdomen around the belly button feels like poking fingers into an open.

A week after my kidney stone extraction by laser lithotripsy, I began experience stomach distress - some pain and a lot of discomfort. After 2 months of testing and all exays, ultrasound, and other tests showed nothing wrong, I went to an oncologist. He came up with the CFAP diagnosis and it was right on. He prescribed 10 mil. of Nortriptyline (used for an antidepressent in larger doses). It apparently calms the stomach or whatever and I have very little problem with discomfort now. Some days I just have a whisper of discomfort, other days none, and some days I resort to ibuprofen. I haven't had a Vicodin for over a year. The medication certainly works - I'd be miserable to the point of not being able to work or concentrate without it. Elizabeth