Hi, I was diagnosed with compartment syndrome in 2012 i had a fasciotomy on both legs in the anterior compartments in 2014. I then began running 6 weeks after my surgery and played a season of rugby league in 2015. By mid 2015 my symptoms had returned, not quite as bad as i could continue running just not over long distances. i ended up having a second release to both legs in november 2015 in my anterior compartments again. Once again my symptoms were resolved for a short period of time until the tightness and constant dull ache returned.  I then returned to my surgeon complaining of tightness and constant aching in my legs. I was then diagnosed with popliteal entrapment syndrome and had my right artery released. This was successful but did not rid me of my symptons whatsoever. Since my popliteal release i have have many tests and scans done and my specialist has suggested a fasciectomy, a full length incision removing a strip of fascia and ridding of scar tissue from previous operations. Any information on fasciectomies would be greatly appreciated as i am stuck as to what to do and whether a fasciectomy is the right path to take. My current symptoms are tightness in my legs, swellinng, constant dull aching and my ankles get swollen after a period of time. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much...

had a major fasciotomy done in 2010 due to motorcycle accident. 30 days in ICU bolted to a steel framework until swelling went done enough to close wounds and do the skin graphs. Wounds were huge fist-size, both interior and exterior on lower leg. Thirteen 3" screw in leg and knee bones, Thirty more days in recovery facility. Fasciotomy is a traumatic assault on the body. Loss of circulation killed nerve tissue first, ischemic O2 starvation. A 2nd surgery was required to remove necrotic tissue. Legs have been major sources of pain 24/7 ever since. Emergency staff couldn't find a for 4 1/2 hrs. Cost was $325K. -for a broken leg.!!!.. If you face circ. issues a fasciotomy may be all you can do. Endovenous laser vein surgery was performed recently but gave short term relief. The valve failed and blood was falling back into the lower extremities causing terrible pain. Ten months of relief was temporary as other verins followed suit. good luck and get A SECOND OPINION.