I have a problem that seems to be bigger then I thought. I have plantar fasciitis and doctor recommended plantar fasciotomy. I have pain in heel, but I found out it is plantar fascia that is inflamed. Also I know it has to be treated, so I will accept my doctor’s suggestion to do plantar fasciotomy. I wonder if anyone had this kind of surgery, because I am interested into recovering after this surgery.

Maybe my experience might be interesting to you. I had plantar fasciotomy five weeks ago and I still have some minor discomfort in the morning. My recovering process contains protective boot, though it is rarely now. Goal is to get the foot use to normal walking and activity. The doctor told me last week that I should start exercising. That means I have to walk and run in the pool, about 20 or 30 minutes few days a week. I have to say this helps with my recovery, because exercise makes foot feels much better. I found out this recovery process is good because in the water you are forced to walk on your toes, so it rarely stretches out the foot. I have to tell you that I am on my foot almost all day with no discomfort during the day. Before this plantar fasciotomy, I was disabled some time a day, so definitely I would recommend you this surgery, you will recover well during some time.

It's been almost four weeks since my surgery and I have knot on ball of my foot my doctor couldn't explain , feels like pain in my heel is move down to my toes and ball of my foot ,