Hi I am a 45 year old women. I hurt my lower and upper back in 2005 at work. Over the year the pain is worst. I had an MRI it a pinch nerve . I been to therapy. It help for a min but it worst than ever. Now I have left side, weaknesss ,numbness, tingleness, in arm, leg, hand, feet. At this point ever test come back they can't find what wrong. I taking pain pill it not working. i have this chronic back pain and on left side weakness everyday and don't let up. The doctor says ther is nothing they can do for me. >:(

Much like "stress" I had been plagued by chronic lower back pain for many years. My Prime MD referred me to a pain mngmnt (PM) spclist. After more than a year of spinal shots, Rx, and therapy, relief was minimal. PM refered me to a back surgeon, I had lower back surgery Sept. 2007. That resolved the original back pain at that time. However, 2 days after surgery I experienced excrutiating burning, sharp, tearing pain across my hips, crotch, & down back of right leg to toes; left leg to back of knee---unable to walk or even move without unbearable pain. Surgeon x-rayed & MRI'd and said he could not find anything wrong. Refered me back to PM. PM ordered a 2nd MRI; could find nothing. I am on pain Rx that has been adjusted during the past year. BUT neither doctor has suggested referal to any different speclst to find the REASON for pain. It has since spread to a widening area yet all PM does is talk more Rx. What kind of a doctor should I see to try to find the cause? A neurologist? Can anyone either confirm decision to see neurologist or have a better suggestion?