Hi. Anybody out there with a foot drop followed by compartment syndrome? I have had this and underwent fasciotomy. Now its been almost 5 months since my surgery. I have a skin graft on the left leg where the fasciotomy was performed. My doctor told me my muscle was damaged upto 30% and had to be removed. I developed compartment syndrome while playing soccer and underwent fasciotomy after a week. Initially before the surgery i was not even able to move my toes nor my feet. Now after 5 months i am able to move all my toes except the big toe. I also have numbness in between the first two toes. My question to anyone who has experienced this or who have an idea about this, how much more time do you think it will take to recover and get back my dorsiflexion? Since 30% muscle has been removed does this stop from complete recovery. I still get those electric zap when i tap on the skin below the graft. I can feel the zap on my big toe. Is this a sign of recovery? Any information on this can help me a lot mentally.

Hey vipsy I am vishal bansal from india. I have had same surgery and due to playing football after 4 days of compartment syndrome my doctor told me for 25 percent muscle damage
My dorsiflexion of foot is absent even after a moth is passed and numbness is also there please tell me about your situation now that is dorsiflexion is proper or not and tell me about numbness 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Dear Vipsy352224. So sorry to hear about your foot drop. Mine was due to a fall in my bathroom and I wasn't found until late the next day. I was taken to surgery Immediately for amputation of my foot. A fasciatomy was done and blood did return to my foot. I was given 0% chance of survival. Stayed in hospital over 2 months. The muscle was removed from my foot and anterior lower leg. After 10 surgeries in that time I have not been able to get anything back. The muscle is completely gone and the damaged nerves are excruciating on the sole of my foot and lateral aspect as well. Believe it or not I CAN'T FIND ANY DOCTOR TO GET TREATMENT. Everyone I go to says my case is too complicated, even a pain clinic. If I didn't know this to be true I wouldn't believe it but it is. This happened a year ago two days ago and it's unbearable. I'm trying to get in to Oschner's in New Orleans. I have to wonder what the prognosis for me is after a whole year. I'm regressing more every day. I certainly hope you get the help you need. I would like to follow your progress. I'll pray for you and you pray for me. God bless.

Dr. Negril Ebraheim toledo ohio medical university. Bone specialist does many other surgeries. I had motorcycle accident. Broken ankle 2 screws. Compartment syndrome. Fasciotomy. Skin graft. I have circulation and nerve issues from muscle damage but hope to regain some of the muscle with therapy. Only been 2 1/2 months.