Hi, I play hockey and recently I have been getting sharp pain in the front of the lowest part of my leg, just above the ankles, it never bothers me anywhere else, but when i put pressure on (my skates) i feel a sharp pain in that area. Anyone have an idea whats going on?

What you are describing sounds to me like a muscle or tendon strain. It is possible that you may have strained the area not by single injury, but over longer period of time and you haven’t noticed anything until pain got stronger. Like any strain, the cure for both muscle and tendon strain is rest from hockey and anti-inflammatory drugs (taken with an acid-reducing medication to prevent possible side effects), gentle stretching of lower extremity muscles, and of course, some physical activity is allowed. Also, applying ice in order to prevent further inflammation on your lower leg after practice would be good idea.