Ok, I'm having this weird pain in my legs and none of the other posts I have found seem to describe it the same way as mine... of course, I'm new to using forums so I probably just don't know how to search right In any case, I desperately need to find something to do to make this go away. Ever since around 3 months into my pregnancy, my left thigh has been acting oddly. At first, it was just a strange tingling that I describe as feeling like a bug was walking inside my skin - so that it's legs were tickling the underside. It was taking up about 1/2 of the front of my thigh (in the middle of the thigh), but nowhere else.

With time, it's only gotten worse. Now, it has progressed to the feeling of severe pain that sometimes causes me to fall. I'll be walking and it will "flare" and my leg just stops working for a second because it hurts so bad. It feels like it's on fire - searing/burning and still tingly - maybe what burning hair would feel like (only there's no hair there).

It will come and go - I haven't found anything that seems to trigger it or make it go away. Sometimes, massaging the muscles will calm it down enough that I can tolerate it, but usually, I just have to wait for the "flare" to die. That has taken up to 1/2 hour before of straight burning/searing/tingling. Other times, it will last all day long with a few minutes here and there of nothing - just long enough for me to think that it's gone. Then BAM.

At one point, I was able to see almost a shadowy type area where the skin had sunken in a tiny bit around the edges of the area that hurt. That's gone away now and the area has spread to probably 90% of the front of my thigh. It's only on the left side also.

Cold/heat packs do absolutely nothing either.

HELP ME PLEASE!!! I have things to do around the house and meals to cook and can't go around being in disabling pain all the time!!! What can I do!? The doctor says just to try to ignore it because it's "normal". That doesn't help!

I have EXACTLY the same problem...mine started out as numbness in the left thigh which I was told was normal...the pain is at times so unbareable that it brings tears to my eyes...mine seems to be worse when I'm standing...it also seems to depend on what type of surface I am standing on...sometimes if I bend my knee it feels like something is ripping inside my leg...Tylenol is the only thing that takes the pain away but I don't like taking it so I try to work through the pain most times...I am about 5 months along and fear that it will gradually get worse until I give birth...I wish there was something I could do to help this condition...I hope someone replies to this post with a helpful answer!

Since I was about 3 mths, I have got pain in my right upper leg. Its more of a numbness, but most of the time it feels tingly and sometimes like its on FIRE. Apparently, this is some reaction due to the baby putting pressure on the uterus. The best way to relieve it is to lie on the side opposite to the leg or at best the left side anyways. If you read up, the left side is the best side to continue circulation in the legs. I am 5mths now and I notice the only time I get that pain now is when I lie on my back. Also, cramps in the legs(charlie horses) this is pretty much the same thing, except its weight on the legs due to the growing body. THANKS

I have been getting terrible searing pain in my left thigh, mainly when I am standing, the pain is unbearable at times nearly bringing me to tears, feels like my thigh is burning inside, also a numb like feeling constantly. Oh and Iam not pregnant, lol, please help

I too have been getting these pains. But I'd like to know how do you get suggestions on what to do? Or what it may be. Not just read about others pain with the same problem. :cry:

Oh, I'm 40 yrs. old and I'm not pregnant either.

I should add, I hate going to the doctor. I'm too afraid he may give me grave news!!!!!!!!!! :(

Try an adjustment from a Chiropractor. My husband treats people with leg pain all the time and has great results!

I too am experiencing the same symptoms. I have a constant numbness in my left leg for weeks. Specifically, right above my knee to mid thigh. I really dont know what to think. I've asked my ObGYN and he says its the baby pressing on a nerve. I'm only 17weeks and this has been going on since I'm 2 months along. Walking long distances or standing more than 15 minutes is torture. My leg burns and tingles. Even worse, I've now developed a twinge here and there even if I'm sitting down. This is really ridiculous and I'm scared that it will only get worse as the baby grows. Help!!!!!!

Aww man I was hoping to find an answer too. Mine is all down my right leg down the the bednding in my ankles. I am now 7 months pregnate... if you get ne answers please contact me at ***

**edited by moderator ** e-mails not allowed **

Man, I'm 28 weeks pregnant and since the begining of pregnancy I've been having the same type of pain. It started with being numb right above my left knee to the middle of the thigh but now I have this searing burning pain on top of that and I dont know what to do. Tomorrow I am trying acupuncture, I'll you know how it goes!

Hi AGAIN,
Iam still in constant pain with my leg, have tried physio but to no avail, had ultra sound on it , still the same, Iam going crazy with the constant ache..... >:(

I am also having numbness in my left thigh and it was starting to scare me a lot. So I searched and found this. I am not happy anyone is experiencing this numbness but it is good to know that I guess it seems to be somewhat a normal ache of being pregnant. I am 7 months along and I have been getting worried about this because it is becoming more frequent. I think that maybe the baby is putting pressure on nerves in our backs at least that is what the massage therapist said. Please let me know if you find anything that works well.

All the reserch I have done so far seems to indicate that this is related to the sciatica nerve and my assumption is that a baby might be pressing on that durning pregnancy. For those not pregnant, the nerve can be affected by a herniated disc or some specific injury. Obesity seems to impact it as does posture.

I hope this inof is helpful and will allow you to do more research on this subject.

ladies .... i am 34 weeks pregnant. I have been searching for an answer to this for 90% of the pregnancy ..... doctors say its normal ... and thats fine ..... but help to alieve the pain right. the creeping feelings and inability to fuction normally at least around the house.

My pain has consumed 90% of my left leg, extends on occasion to my groin and into my back. I do think its hormonal. Though no one has verified this for me. The greatest relief for this has been my husband and his willingness to help.

There is a balm you can get, its like the heat patches you can get except that when my husband massages it into my lower back ..... it releases pressure on my legs immensly. People talk of Restless leg syndrome ..... maybe like diabetes its a real thing that can occur during pregnancy even if at no other time in your life.

Take the Tylenol ..... it wont hurt the baby unless you have other medical issues and have a doctor that warned you off tylenol.

I dont think there is a permanent cure for this .... my list of temp. fixes includes ..... a warm oatmeal bath, it makes the itch stop on the skin, the tylenol, and massaging in the balm. I do sometimes use a patch aswell, but always put it on my back, not my leg ...... most of the time when u have a medical problem, the symptoms DON'T appear where the pain is situated.

if anyone has a more permanent FIX for this .... Id love to spend the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy in itch/pain free bliss

I am 22 weeks pregnant with twins and have also been experiencing the same symptoms since very early on and in both legs. My doctor also said it was normal, but didn't give any further explination so I have also been checking online. It is a condition called Meralgia Paresthetica and is caused from excess pressure on the Lateral femoral cutaneous nerve, which runs from the lower abdomen to the pelvis. There is not much to be done as far as treatment apart from tylenol and keeping off your feet as much as possible. Mine will flare up even when I'm sitting so I have found that lying on the opposite side to relieve the pressure helps the most.

I found your posts while looking for help for my husband who has had the same problems with the numbness and pain in the thigh. He's had this for 2 years now and has gotten worse, in the beginning the first dr said it was from wearing his page 8-| , now 4 doctors later the nerve specialist thinks it might be Meralgia Paresthetica like somebody eariler posted, but wasn't 100% so now he's being referred to an osteopathic dr to check the bones.

I'm sorry your all having this problem, I hope yours is only pregnacy related..as my husbands is certainly not. XD

Tina