Hi! My dad has just come from his doctor. His diagnosis is hypoglycemia. I don’t know anything about this condition. I hope that it isn’t very dangerous. Doctor said to my dad that chronic muscular tension is 'cause of his hypoglycemia. Is it possible? Does anybody can explain to me that? Thanks!

Hi! I’m suffering from hypoglycemia for years and I know a lot about it. It’s not dangerous if you treat it well. But hypoglycemia may be very serious. Chronic muscular tension can be caused by stress throughout the body. Stressed body tissues burn fuel at a higher than normal rate and create a constant need for glucose.

Hypoglycemia is a condition which occurs when your fathers blood sugar (which is called glucose) is too low and blood sugar below 70 mg/dL is considered low. Blood sugar at this level or even below this level can harm your father so he must be very careful.

Symptoms of hypoglycemia range from anxiety, weakness, sweating, rapid heart rate, extreme hunger, dizziness, headache, irritability, irrational behavior and etc. these symptoms are usually occurring in the afternoon and you need to react immediately if you see that your father is experiencing them.

Chronic muscular tension caused by stress particularly in the spinal regions is cause of hypoglycemia in your father’s case and this is happening because stressed body tissues burn fuel faster than it is normal. The consequence of this is creating a constant need for glucose.