I am 22 years old, 5’2’’ and weight about 150 pounds, which is about 20 pounds over the limit. Yes, I eat unhealthy and I obviously don’t exercise – but to be hones I don’t know where to start. I know I should eat better or healthier and smaller portions, and I know I should exercise, but I feel ashamed going into the gym and I don’t know what to do there. I don’t have money for personal trainer, but I am really willing to get my body in shape. I often feel depressed and isolated because of my body and I would do anything to get my old weight back. I started with some fad diets, I lost a few pounds, but gained all back really quick. I just can’t lose weight. Please help me – what should I do?

Well, basically you know what you should do. You should start eating smarter and exercising. By eating smarter: eat a small breakfast, eat 5 small meals a day. Make those 5 meals a healthy ones. For example – one sandwich is a meal. One apple s a meal. One salad is a meal. No dressing on a salad (except vinegar or pure yogurt). Include lean meal into your diet – lean chicken breast, fish, - proteins – they will give you enough energy to go through the day. Forget about empty calories – they are in soda for example. Don’t drink sodas or juices – most of them are full of sugars and calories that don’t actually give you energy, but do give you those pounds you want to eliminate – this is why they are called empty calories. About exercising – I suggest fats walking for beginning – or any type of other cardio workout. Swimming is also great form – no big stress for joints – but I got the impression you won’t feel comfortable in a swimming suit…. So, if you will combine exercise 3-5 times a week and healthier nutrition, I am sure your body will soon start to show it. Just don’t give up after one week, these things take time – you’ll need to workout and eat better for at least 1 month before proper results start to show.

If you have 20 pounds to lose, tweaking your diet and exercise habits will help you lose those pounds before you know it! Try cutting back on the unhealthy foods you have been indulging in. You don't have to eliminate them completely, but try to replace a lot of it with fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. You don't need to do a whole lot with exercise either. Take a 30 minute walk each day. Get your heart rate up so that you are burning calories. Do all of this and you should be able to shed those pounds easily enough. When you lose the weight, still keep up with the walking to prevent them from coming back or do an activity you enjoy. And don't go hog wild over eating anything you want to eat. Modify your diet so that you are eating better than worse.

Hello jerrie, 

maybe you can jump-start your weight loss by starting with exercising at home. That way you don't have to worry about gym or other people's opinion. Dex1897 gave you a pretty good nutrition plan and as far as exercise is concerned, SteadyHealth has just released a handy new app for both iPhone and Android smart phones - Ab Workouts for men and women - An app that is much more than just a bunch of abdominal workouts because it also comes with diet plan that should help you get rid of belly fat and restore your figure.

The app is free, so you can check it out for yourself.

Take a look : https://www.steadyhealth.com/ab-workouts-for-men-and-women

I think... For this problem, Having lack of Time table... set your time table or schedule and follow it... and after see what you get?

It is good that you understand your problem and are eager to get over it.That is half the work done.You can start with the most basics that is walking or running.Try and keep an account of your calorie intake and also how you spend those calories during the day.Chalkout a simple daily routine for yourself and then work on it.Along with a little change in your diet and a few exercises,you will be able to start somewhere,and then you could enhance on it by doing areobics or takeup yoga to burn more calories.Eating healthy and exercising is the best way to stay fit.

break your meal in small proportions!

Have you ever considered thyroid disease, either hypothyroidism (low levels of T3, T4, TSH in the blood) or hyperthyroidism (high levels of T3, T4, TSH in the blood).. hypo can cause extreme fatigue and make you sleep when normally don't. I would suggest see a doctor and get yourself tested for thyroid disease and find out which you are, if you are either then treatment is thyroid replacement pills usually levothyroxine for the rest of your life along with a blood test frequently in the first 6 months following diagnosis then 1 time annually after that. although mine tests me every 3-4 months i think she only wants the money out of that really, because each time i'm normal levels even though feel like c**p on the medicine. i think its the medicine itself begged to switch to another she won't. thinking of changing dr but the regular one don't know my issues. thats why i have specialists.. mega trouble with doctors since i was little. born early

in addition to test for thyroid, i would also suggest try eat 6 meals a day. small meals in the following order, includes light exercise. 8 am breakfast, 10 am walk, snack (don't eat junk food instead try fruit rollup, yogurt, popcorn (low sugar foods sugar is converted by the body nto fat) 12 noon lunch 1:30 walk, snack as above and last meal before 6. or else find out what time your blood sugar (glucose) rises AFTER, and don't eat after it.. my time is 6pm. if i eat after that it rises so high i'm awake all night and cant function next day, unless i eat before 6 and space dessert out eating again at 9pm. but no food after and cut back on liquid won't get up as much during the night. i am yoweighed more, and happened just 6 yrs ago. worked wonders and lost down to to 159. currently working on getting back on this diet i mention. it by the way dropped my dose of thyroid meds almost to where i didn't have to take them and for exercise all i did was walk (start with 10-15 min whatever you can muster@@@@@@@@@@

for a week do 10 -15 minutes whatever you can do without being short of breath when you walk, run, etc. then when your lungs and body are used to it after the first week as described and 1 time a day, then after that do for longer 2 times a day. do this plan every day 7 days a week includes weekends no skip or won't work for lunch i ate special k red berries the real stuff not generic ( but any flavor will do) as well as breakfast. supper/dinner was a normal meal size any way you like as long as before 6 (or whatever time you can get away with eating and not have your blood sugar soar through the roof. diabetics should try this too maybe you can stave off diabetes before gets to medication need. helps in either case control blood sugar

First of all do daily exercise in morning .
after that break the diet in to three 3 pieces.
Break fast 1 slice brown bread
2) Egg(2)
3) green tea
Lunch:
boil rice (quarter plate) with salad and green tea
Dinner:
same as lunch