My friend told me about wegener's granulomatosis. His father has it. I’ve never heard before about this illness. It seems like very dangerous. Can somebody tell me what are the symptoms of wegener's granulomatosis? I heard that they are very similar with simple cold. I would like to know this if I need to recognize it.

Symptoms of Wegener's granulomatosis may develop suddenly or gradually. Usually they involve respiratory tract. The most common symptoms are: constant runny nose, sinus inflammation, shortness of breath, cough, ear infections, eye redness, weakness and fatigue and fever. The condition affect blood vessels and the organs they supply with blood throughout your body.

I had it in my kidneys. The symptoms were stiff and achy joints, nausea, fatigue, rash on forearms that didn't itch, always cold or chilled, painful sun exposure and loss of appetite. Treatment was prednisone and cytoxin in massive doses. 10 years later I was diagnosed with avascular necrosis in my left hip due to the prednisone and had a total hip replacement at the age of 49. I am now 66 and doing great!! Never give up. There is a light at the end of the tunnell. Before I was diagnosed I had not been sick a day in my life. Go figure.