Back on January 8th of this year I had my gallbladder removed.  All went well and I felt great - no pain, could eat anything.  Two and a half weeks later I get out of bed and felt I wasn't getting 100% oxygen into my lungs.  This went on all day, into the night and all the next day.   I had a panic attack about the breathing and ended up in ER.  I have never had anxiety in my life.  ER did a CT Scan, bloodwork, all was fine.   I have been to a pulmonologist who has done  lots of chests - lung functioning at rest and activity, arterial bloodwork, echocardiogram.  All point to no problem.  I'm getting normal levels of oxygen into my lungs.  I have no wheezing or coughing, no asthma or allergies.  I don't even experience chest tightness or chest pain.   If anything at times I feel there is tightness in the upper abdominal part below the sternum to the belly button.  Two incisions were done there through laparoscopy for gallbladder removal.   The pulmonologist doesn't know what to think.  I have seen my own doctor and she is baffled.  I noticed that when I lay down at night,while  I still have the shortness, it is a bit relaxed and I can sleep.   I feel great other than not feeling I"m getting 100% oxygen into my lungs, like being suffocated.  My own doctor asked if I would be willing to be referred to a cardiologist even though my echocardiogram showed no problem with heart or arteries.  I told her I would go and see one.   Is there a possibility that I do have anxiety even though I don't think I do.  I was thinking back to when I was in pain for 2 months before the gallbladder got removed, was afraid in case I had cancer and during the time of pain had a colonoscopy done.   This constant breathing issue for 11 weeks now day and night is really getting wearing.  I do go out and do things regardless - work in yard, walks, go to stores as I will not let this defeat me.   Thanks for any input.

Back again.  Almost 13 weeks now and I made a mistake in saying this was shortness of breath.  It's constant suffocation feeling.  Add to that at times I get tightness in chest, head in fog, feeling I'm breathing in extremely cold air in a 75 degree house and feeling of soreness in throat.  My doctor has given me Ativan and Xanax to use on as needed basis.  She knows i don't abuse.  Here's hoping a therapist can help me get things 

Was this eber resolved? I am having the same thing now