I am a 20 year old female and for the past month or so I have been experiencing  shortness of breath along with chills, diarrea and stomach gurgling and slight discomfort. EEk.

I HAVE SAME SYMPTOMS ANY RESULTS YET

I also have chills and hot sweats, extreme belching cant lie flat have to sleep sitting up,feels as if my chest will explode if I dont get up walk around and expell this gas, it feels as if you cant breathe,my stomach always gurgles everyone in the room can hear it!I pass gas from both ends! I have had colonoscopys, endoscopys,gallbladder tests,E.K.G. and stresstest! boodwork and etc. my mother had extreme gas burping and belching she passed from stomach cancer and brain cancer! Im sure my Dr. feels I am just paranoid thinking this is what I have but I am not. I would like to be able to enjoy my family and live my life without this problem.

I have similar symptoms, severe pain in back and center chest, sloching/gurgling stomach noises, belching, gas, diarrhea, all sorts of test were done; EKG, blood tests, Ultrasound, Endoscopy, Upper GI, Pancreatic Scan, Endoscopic Ultrasound and finally CK Hida scan.

We did find a problem with the gallbladder and thought it was the culprit for all of the problems… So surgery.

It was bad but it's not the cause of the pains and such.

TROUBLE CATCHING DEEP BREATH , DIARRIA, DIZZINESS,CHILLS , LUMP ON RIGHT SIDE OF MY THROAT , MAYBE LIKE A SWOLLEN GLAND , BUT IS UNEXPLAINED AFTER SEEING EAR NOSE AND THROAT DR.I HAVE BEEN TO DR AFTER DR. AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME ..I HAVE HAD TWO X RAYS , VQ SCAN OF MY LUNGS , HEART MONITER FOR A MONTH,STRESS TEST, EKG, CT OF HEAD, NECK, STOMACHE, MRI OF BRAIN,AND BREASTS, AND MULTABLE BLOOD WORK AND URINE TESTS.AFTER ALL THE TESTING I HAVE FOUND OUT I HAVE CRONIC SINUSITIS, AND DIVERTICULITIS , BUT NEITHER OF THEM CAUSE THE SIMTOMS I HAVE .. I THINK THE SHORTNESS OF BREATH IS THE WORST FOR ME AT THIS POINT ,

Has your doctor checked for H Pylori? I had stomach problems and pain for MONTHs, several upper GI's and the docs always said I was fine. Eventually, another doctor thought it could be H Pylori since many people get that from the NSAIDs that they take (simple bloodtest). Once they diagnosed that and gave me the triple antibiotics, I was better (well later when another doctor said no aspirin, in addition to no my NSAIDs and Ibruprofen). Ask if they can prescribe Aciphex or Lansoprazole (Omeprazole if those aren't covered in your insurance plan [Ranitidine never seemed to help]).

Do you think the shortness of breath is linked to these stomach problems-curious about it, as I too am having the same symptoms, Infact was sent to bed early s my stomach was gugiling so loudly followed by really bad diarrhea. I dont have any tight banding feelings around my stomach though, just burp and pain in ribs-then chest , then stomach speaks to me, and so on. Ive lost a couple of pounds just this last week .Put most of it down to a bug as my children have been ill also. Sometimes it does feel like somthings is going to pop out my ribs like an alien or something-I am bent over when this happens, but other times theres no pain, nothing there-what is this?Can anyone help me? Is this ulcer related? Or Am I perfectly fine and its in my head Or is this an upper GI thing?

I had shortness of breath and chronic sinusitis for three years. I had colds that lasted two months. My doctors put me on inhalers, antihistamines and decongestants that did NOTHING. A CT of my chest showed no defects or tumors. I also had issues with my bowels but I never dreamed they were related. Finally, on advice from a friend, I tried a gluten-free diet and began to feel better within 3 days. I continued to get gradually better and at 6 weeks I could breathe again!!!! It was glorious. I could finally get a good night's sleep because I could breathe through my nose freely. I still have issues with my digestive system which may be related to IBD or Crohn's but at least the gluten-free diet improved the frequency of diarrhea and cramping. It also really alleviated my menstrual symptoms and lack of energy.

ive been feeling the same problem. sometimes when i use the bathroom i get really dizzy and shortness of breath. also i have the urge to always burp and have pain in chest stomach and lower back. my doctor told me it might be a hiatal hernia. but i wish i knew what it is. i get so depressed when i feel this way. the dizziness affects me badly.it sometimes affects the way i spend my time with my wife and daughter because i worry so much on the feeling. does anyone have any idea what it is?

I have all the same things...for 3 years now. Numerous tests...gallbladder surgery. Still here I am still awake, hard to breath and left shoulder hurting...try to lay down, but making me dizzy. I took a gas pill, hopefully that will work soon. That seems to help alot of the time,but it always comes back. You should try a gas pill, and see what it does for you.

In reply to the above post, I had exactly the same symptoms as you, at the local hospital one night when I felt I couldn't breathe they performed an ECG said I was fine and that I was having a panic attack. I had pain radiating all the way througfh the front of the chest to the back, loads of wind etc.

My 2 sisters are both nurses and they told me to get checked for helicobactor pylori, and yes I was positive, unfortunately I had to go through 3 courses of eradication therapy over 18 months to get the bug away. I then had to get an endescope which showed I had a duodenum ulcer and also recent recent bleeding in the stomach, I was also told I had gastritis, but that I was now clear from helicobactor pylori.

The pain of having helicobactor is different in every person. The symptoms can be very vague. I had loads of wind and my stomach used to swell after I ate. I only had 5 episodes in 20 years which caused considerable pain. I felt that I couldn't breathe, with the pain going through to my back as well.

If you do test postitive for this after your antibiotic treatment take probiotics for 6 months as your gut flora will be ruined with the drugs, and then could cause more problems.

Hope this helps.

I get quite a lot of those symptoms... I was told I have IBS but I am pretty sure it is anxiety.

I to have the same symptoms for years. And I get treated like I'm making it up, because the tests they run don't show anything wrong. Well maybe they are running the wrong tests. Anyways, I have asthma. And my asthma doctor who I trust, says there is a proven fact that stomach problems and chest discomfort are related. Because everytime my reflux acts up I have trouble with my asthma. Short of Breath, chest tightness. So keep searching for a doctor who you trust. It may be reflux disease.

Had many of same symptoms...finally got it figured out when I went to an Ent. Constant drainage from my very minor allergies was the culprit. Fixed it with nasal sprays and use of net pot every day. Still have flares of ibs every now and then but by and large is gone.

dont wait for the doctors to help go and seek God's help because i had alot of those symptoms and i went to the doctors and they just said that i need to have breakfast but i decided to pray to God and let him do all the work and now the pain is decreasing and the pain just started 4 days ago