For one whole week now I've been short of breath & feel as if I have to yawn nonstop but frequently can't. Even when I do yawn I still feel short of breath & it's literally driving me crazy. I went to my dr. Thurs. & he did an EKG (normal) & a spirometry (also normal). I had a severe concussion 2 weeks ago & am wondering, as is my dr. if it's related to this as I didn't have this problem before. He ruled out panic attacks & hyperventilation as well. Help anyone? I'm losing my mind from this awful feeling, like the oxygen is bypassing my lungs & just sits in my throat.

hi there have you recieved and answer for this problem yet? i have the same symptoms!

i have the same too :(((

Have you figured out whatis wrong? I'm having the same issue but have not gotten a concussion once in my life!

I suffered from these symptoms for 14 years. Went through anumber of tests and was told that I was healthy and that nothing was wrong with me. I had the chest tightness, difficulty breathing, yawning constantly trying to get oxygen. I felt like I had been buried alive like I was going to pass out. Here is a link to my site with lots of links that will actually help you. You should notice an improvement within a week. Basically you are hyperventilating. Breathing deep causes loss of Carbon dioxide. Loss of CO2 causes constriction of airways, this causes less oxygen to be released to the cells and tissues (hypoxia). It makes you feel like you are suffocating so you take another deep breath which only causes more co2 loss and constriction of arteries and airways and hence less oxygen delivery.

***post is edited by moderator *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Guest 3 you never did get a chance to post your link here from your site because moderator did not allow it. However the information would of been very helpful. Is there any way you can post it here for us to educate ourselves and others with the same problelm? This makes a lot of sence and I would like to know more about it

Can you please send me the links re hyperventilation. Thank you.

Can you please email me the link to n8chrgirl@outlook.com. This is making me crazy!