We had some conversation at work; some of colleagues even get out really angry. Argue was about exercise that is used to promote circadian adaptation to night shift work. Now I want to get right information from person that is really into that. Is it possible and how actually that works? I would like more about it and how to make it on my own.

There was a study where goal of researches was to confirm if exercise can phase shift the circadian rhythms of rodents. Purpose of this study was to determine if exercise during the night shift could phase delay the temperature rhythm. Some of exercises subjects rode stationary cycle ergometer for 15 min every hour. It was done during the first 3 of 8 consecutive night shifts. All of subjects wore dark welder’s goggles when outside after the night shift until bedtime. Then they should sleep in dark bedrooms. Their rectal temperature was measured non-stop. There were fever evening and more morning types in the exercise group then in control group. A majority of the exercise subjects had large temperature rhythm phase delay shifts. Only 38% of the control subjects had large shifts. At the end, results suggested that exercise might be used to promote circadian adaptation to night shift work.