The last month I was trying to follow 17 day Moreno diet and I couldn’t really keep up with the first phase allowed foods. I’m not all that big of a meat eater, but I also don’t really like tofu and soy bean replacements they suggest, so as weird as it sounds I didn’t cheat with sweets but with fruit and veggies and in the end I didn’t lose any weight at all.

So, since I’m still like 15 lbs overweight I’m looking for some little bit easier alternatives, more inclusive to diet and fruit. Any ideas about 17 day diet alternatives?

the program I found works best for me so far are the Weight Watchers, together with at least three days in the gym. Weight watchers are more flexible in a way that you have total amount of points you're allowed daily (which kind of represents the number of calories you eat) and there are number of free tools that would tell you how much points each food carries.

Of course, they do sell pre-packaged meals and whatnot, but I did just fine without them and it actually feels good to have your own control and variety in what you're eating. But I can't emphasise this enough - getting into at least some form of exercise will help you a lot.

it seems to me like you don't have all that much weight to lose and that it can be done with few simple adjustments to your diet, together with adding some activity such as exercise, be it as simple as walking for an half an hour daily, to burn the calories you eat. For me the most successful way to lose weight was by following that and one more simple rule - just don't eat anything past 8 PM (of course, that might not be as applicable if you work night shifts). That way you eliminate the calories which are bound to be turned to fat since most of us are generally not active at night.