Hello all. I came to this site hoping someone can help me. I am a bit worried.

Namely, I had lunch with my mother yesterday. We don’t see each other often. She seemed a bit worried. I asked her what’s wrong but she said that everything is fine.                            

When she went to the bathroom she left her phone on the table. A message came and I couldn’t help myself, I had to look at her phone. The conversation was with an unknown number. They were mentioning Electrophysiology study test and they agreed that they don’t have the money for it.

Can someone please explain to me who needs this Electrophysiology study test and how much does it cost?

Hello Guest,

An electrophysiology (EP) study is a test that records the electrical activity and the electrical pathways of your heart. It is used to help determine the cause of your heart rhythm disturbance and the best treatment for you.

So basically, you need an EP test in order to determine the cause of an abnormal heart rhythm, to locate the site of origin of an abnormal heart rhythm and to decide the best treatment for an abnormal heart rhythm.

The procedure is pretty expensive, I can tell you that. The whole treatment costs around four thousand dollars, so now you can see why your mom said that she can't afford it.

Hey guys,

Guest, if a person has an abnormal hearth rhythm and a lot of money, he will probably go for an electrophysiology study test. It's the best test out there for finding out what kind of a heart problem do you have and plus, it can find out what's the best treatment for it.

Adria is right about the price too, it costs around 4000 dollars. During the EP study test, your doctor will safely reproduce your abnormal heart rhythm and then may give you different medications to see which controls it best or to determine the best procedure or device to treat your heart rhythm.

Good day guys.

Doctors usually recommend you to do EP study test, just like they would recommend you to do EKG. Well, during the test, your doctor can safely reproduce your very abnormal heart rhythm and than he can give you medications just to see which one the best controls the rhythm of your heart.

So, doctors use the EP study to find out what is causing your abnormal heart rhythm, to determine where in your heart the abnormal rhythm begins and to decide what is the best treatment for you.

I am not sure how much does it cost.

Hello everyone. I am not so sure about the price, but I can almost swear that I heard two ladies talking about this in the hospital and according to their words, one of them refused to do electrophysiology study because it is expensive.

I don’t know what is expensive for someone but I do believe that it is not cheap, that is for sure.

About this procedure I know that it is important for patients not to drink or eat for up to 12 hours before the procedure.

That is necessary because it is going to prevent vomiting.

But I am sure that it is expensive.  

Good day there everyone.

Electrophysiology study test is a test to look at how good your heart’s electrical signals are working. Well, it is usually used to check for abnormalities in your heart beats or your heart rhythms. This test is performed very easily – wire electrodes are placed in the heart to do this test and there electrodes measure electrical activities in your heart. The procedure is done in hospital laboratory.

About your other question, about the price – I believe that costs more than 3500 dollars, which means that is very expensive. I really don’t understand that.

Have a nice day. 

Hey everyone.

My husband did this test a two years ago. And I can say that is very, very expensive. He paid 3560 dollars for it. I don’t know is the situation same today like it was two years ago, but I do believe that it is still expensive.

This is a test to measure the electrical activity of the heart and to diagnose arrhythmia or abnormal heart rhythms.

I was always wondering is there a cheaper solution than this, but doctor told me that this is the best test ever.

The most important thing is that this test is really safe.