I am having difficulties cleaning my penis from smegma, I just realized that the amount of smegma is accumulating a lot.

I am 20 yrs old and I had never retract my foreskin for cleaning and since I am doing it for the first time to clean it, i feel a bit pain at the head of the penis and making it impossible to clean it from smegma.

I heard that this pain is normal since I am retracting my foreskin for the first time, but is there another way to clean the penis because smegma is building a lot and I need to clean it.

Hope you guys can help.

Thanks

John J

Use a wet warm soft cloth to relax and loosen your foreskin. Even sitting in a warm bath could help. Slowly begin to retract it little by little. Warm clean water will help... then once it is fully retracted..washing with warm water and gently cleansing the area until all of the smegma is gone. I would not use a powerful soap, but just clean warm water or Ivory soap which will not irritate your skin.

Then once you get it cleaned..you should retract the foreskin everyday, each morning and each night to wash it... by husband is also un-cut and he cleans his after each time he uses the bathroom.

It is really easy to painlessly clean out your foreskin without retracting it. Here are two ways:

1. Urine is a sterile substance when it leaves the body so it is an excellent washing agent. Pinch the tip of your foreskin shut when you pee. Let the urine fill up your foreskin. You will see your foreskin balloon because of the urine inside. Then release the tip and all of the urine inside your foreskin will come gushing out and clean out whatever is inside. This is best done in the shower as it tends to be messy. Do that as often as you can.

or

2. Get a rubber bulb ear syringe from a drug store, pharmacy, or chemist’s shop. These are designed to squirt warm water into ear canals to clean them out. They also work great for cleaning out foreskins. Fill the ear syringe with warm (not hot) water and then insert the tip of the syringe into your foreskin. Then squeeze the bulb and a jet of warm water will squirt into your foreskin and clean out whatever is inside. This can be done over the bathroom washbasin.

Don’t use soap or body wash inside your foreskin because soap dries out the skin oils essential for good health.

You are blessed with an erogenous, highly-innervated foreskin. Many guys would envy your foreskin even though it does not retract. You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision. Do not be worried. You are normal for your age.

Smegma is a natural, normal, harmless, and healthy substance. It is a mixture of exfoliated skin and skin oils. Smegma does NOT cause cancer.

Smegma collects under the foreskin. It is normally white in color. Some people believe that smegma resembles cream cheese.

It won’t hurt if it stays there for a while, but it can get irritating if it stays for a long time without being washed away, so it is good practice to wash the smegma away once in a while.

Since smegma is composed of exfoliated skin and skin exfoliation occurs continuously, smegma is continuously forming. You may expect to see more every day.

Accumulated smegma may get hardened and difficult to remove if it stays a long time such as under a foreskin that is not retracted. Olive oil has been recommended for softening and removing hardened smegma.

1. Urine is a sterile substance when it leaves the body so it is an excellent washing agent. Pinch the tip of your foreskin shut when you pee. Let the urine fill up your foreskin. You will see your foreskin balloon because of the urine inside. Then release the tip and all of the urine inside your foreskin will come gushing out and clean out whatever is inside. This is best done in the shower or out of doors as it tends to be messy. Do that as often as you can.

or

Don’t use soap, body wash, or shampoo inside your foreskin because soap dries out the skin oils essential for good health and the others contain chemicals.

If your foreskin is dry, you can try putting some Jergen’s hand lotion on it.