I am 17 and never cleaned my foreskin. I have started doing so in the last few weeks but I see no smegma, it all looks very clean. Is something wrong? COuld it be that I am not fully retracting my foreskin (the end of my foreskin is higher on the bottom of my penis and once I get to this point I cannot retract the foreskin any more - this does not seem to reach the end of my foreskin on the top of my penis because this is much lower).

There is a possibility that smegma production varies from person to person. Some guys produce a lot while others very little. I have also heard of uncircumcised men who do not produce smegma at all.

It sounds as though the retraction of your foreskin is being limited by your frenulum. If there is still a fold of skin when you retract as far as you can, there may be some residual smegma in there.

It is really easy to painlessly clean out your foreskin without retracting it. Here are two ways:

1. Urine is a sterile substance when it leaves the body so it is an excellent washing agent. Pinch the tip of your foreskin shut when you pee. Let the urine fill up your foreskin. You will see your foreskin balloon because of the urine inside. Then release the tip and all of the urine inside your foreskin will come gushing out and clean out whatever is inside. This is best done in the shower as it tends to be messy.

or

2. Get a rubber bulb ear syringe from a drug store, pharmacy, or chemist’s shop. These are designed to squirt warm water into ear canals to clean them out. They also work great for cleaning out foreskins. Fill the ear syringe with warm (not hot) water and then insert the tip of the syringe into your foreskin. Then squeeze the bulb and a jet of warm water will squirt into your foreskin and clean out whatever is inside.

You may flush out non-retractile foreskin with a rubber-bulb type ear syringe.  Just fill it with lukewarm water, stick the nozzle into your foreskin and squeeze it.  The jet of water from the syringe will flush out your foreskin.