My period has always been slightly irregular, but usually within one week of the date it should be, I get it. I should've gotten my period by January 25th AT THE LATEST, and still don't have it. For the past week or so, I have had an increase in my bowel movements and am now having a thick, white, creamy, mucusy, stringy discharge. I typically have bowel movements 3-4 times a week (which I know is irregular, but I've been that way since I was young--I'm sure it has something to do with diet) and I typically have a slippery, white/clear discharge approximately 2 days before my period--I had this on the 17th. My bowel movements have increased to 2-4 times A DAY. This is very irregular for me, but this is not what concerns me the most. I'm super freaked out about the discharge especially since I missed my period. I know what ovulatory discharge feels/looks like and this is different, so please don't tell me that I'm simply ovulating. It's more slippery and there is almost 3x the normal amount. I am 20 years old and have never experience anything like this and I got my period when I was 11. So 9 almost 10 years and I've never experienced this. I took a pregnancy test today and it was negative. I am extremely freaked out; If you have any answers--please reply. Thanks a bunch.

Do you have other symptoms, such as itching and burning? If you have, that could be yeast infection.

Yeast infections can be very uncomfortable, but are usually not serious. Symptoms include the following:

· Itching and burning in the vagina and around the vulva (the skin that surrounds your vagina)

· A white vaginal discharge that may look like cottage cheese

· Pain during sexual intercourse

· Swelling of the vulva

You can go to see the doctor to make sure. If it is, the herbal remedy named . Pill can help you. You can google it to get more information. I hope it can help you. It can treat irregular period effectively.

there is no itching or burning, and the discharge is very slippery and stringy, not at all cottage cheese like, there is no pain during sexual intercourse. DO you have any other suggestions?

Did you ever get things figured out? I'm having a similar experience.

I've had the same thing, although I'm a lot younger. I am 14 but have had my Period since I was 8, I'm also sometimes irregular but never a month late. I don't want to tell my mom though I incase there is something really wrong. And I know it's not a yeast infection because I've had one when I was on antibiotics and this is not the same. Someone please help. It's really worrying me :(

Hopefully things have resolved by now. As a mom, I wanted to chime in to encourage you to talk to your mother. If my daughter wasn't telling me about a concern she had 'in case something was really wrong' I'd be devastated. I can appreciate your logic and may have felt the same way at 14, but trust that your mom loves you and would want to know if you had a worry or fear. There is nothing my daughter could possibly experience that I wouldn't want her to feel she could tell me about if she needed me...especially if she was dealing with something serious. There is no way I would prefer to not know about something versus being there for and with her every step of the way. Sending a hug!

Lisa- I could not agree more. Most young woman don't feel they can talk to their mom about these types of issues but you CAN. Trust me on this. What you are experiencing is normal. It is also normal to have questions, concerns and worries about all the crazy changes our bodies go thru at your age. Please talk to your mom, your grandma or even a mom of a close friend if it just isn't possible to talk to your own mom. My daughter can talk to me about ANYTHING. Give your mom a chance, this will not be the only time you will need her advice. Good luck honey.

I also stated my period at 8yrs old and right now I'm 29yrs old. Had the same thing happened to me.if there's no smells then u could be pregnant,I would take a pg test. U can get them at the dollar store if negative and still no period wait a week and re-take another pg test. Good luck