I have been experiencing clear slimy discharge during menstrual cycle. I know that I should go to my doctor, but can you tell me what this could be? I would appreciate any information. Thanks

The pH balance of the vagina is acidic, which is created by normally-occurring bacteria. This acidic environment discourages infections from occurring and a healthy vagina produces secretions to cleanse and regulate itself. These vaginal secretions are normal vaginal discharge and any interference with the balance of vaginal secretions sets up an environment for infection. All women have some vaginal discharge and normal discharge appears clear, cloudy white or yellowish when dry on clothing. It can also contain white flecks and be thin and stringy. Changes in normal discharge can occur for many reasons. Some of the reasons include menstrual cycle, emotional stress, nutrition, pregnancy. The menstrual cycle affects the vaginal environment by increased wetness and clear discharge around mid-cycle. You need to go to your doctor to examine you. After that, only he will be able to tell you what is causing your discharge.

hello, I am not forsure if I am pregnant but I haven't had a period for three months now. I have a lot of clear stringy discharge and some abdomable pain. I was diagnossed with PID a few months ago. I am worried that it is only an infection rather than me being pregnant. What would you suspect it to be?

Hey ,
Im sorry to hear that you are diagonssed with PID and I know it hurt alot with the pain and all this ..
BUT*!
I had the same hurt feeling and PID is either a bacteria OR* an STD ,
REASON I know this is because I was diagonssed with PID (I have all the papers of telling me about what is a PID and how can you get it) .. and then later found out I had an STD Gonnerreah ,
so please get yourself checked because Gonnerreah is CURABLE and they will give you the medications for you to be better and get cured.
I hope I helped anwsering your question :-)