I'm 18 years old and have had this problem for as long as I can remember. It seems like I ALWAYS have discharge - it ranges from really thin and whiteish clear, to snot like and kindof yellow. When it's snot like there's been a couple instances where I urinate and stand up to wipe, and I have a long, snot like peice of discharge hanging out of my vagina. I only had it happen two times in the past year, up until lately.. it's happened like, 3-4 times this past week, which has caused some concern for me. It isn't itchy, just wet and disgusting!! This is going to sound gross but sometimes when I spread my vaginal lips this white snot like material is webbed all up to my clitoris. I've only been with a guy once and like I said I've had this for as long as I can remember - so I'm pretty positive it's not an STD. I got medication for a yeast infeciton back in January 08 and it seemed to stop the flow of discharge for a few days.. but then it was back as usual.

Reading through other posts it seems like discharge is a part of every womans life, but I'm just not sure if my discharge is normal?? %-) Like I said it's been really snot like and hangs out of me lately.. before it was more oftenly just white and liquidy.

Any and all replies are appreciated. thank you

try this information from website, and see if it helps your situation

It's normal to have some vaginal discharge, as the vagina stays moist as part of its self-cleansing mechanism. The normal moist discharge clears dead cells and bacteria from the vagina. It comes mainly from glands in the cervix (the neck of the womb), and is slightly acidic, which helps to keep infections at bay. The acidity results from lactic acid, formed by 'friendly' bacteria as they break down sugars.

The amount of normal discharge varies from woman to woman, and with the menstrual cycle. Many women notice that during the week after a period there is hardly any discharge, and what there is has a thick consistency. Towards the middle of the cycle (about 2 weeks after the start of a period) the amount increases and it becomes thin, slippery and clear, like uncooked egg white. When this discharge is exposed to the air it becomes brownish-yellow, so it is normal to find a yellowish stain on your undies at the middle of the monthly cycle. There may also be a feeling of moistness and stickiness.

Discharge also increases during pregnancy. And during sexual excitement, vaginal discharge becomes very profuse because two glands near the vaginal opening (the Bartholin's glands) secrete additional slippery mucus, which acts as a lubricant for intercourse.

Normal discharge doesn't smell, and does not cause any irritation or itching. A discharge is likely to be abnormal if:

it smells fishy
it's thick and white, like cottage cheese
it's greenish and smells foul
there's blood in it (except when you have a period)
it's itchy
you have any genital sores or ulcers
you have abdominal pain or pain on intercourse
it started soon after you had unprotected sex with someone you suspect could have a sexually transmitted disease.

From your brief description, it sounds to me like you are dealing with completely normal vaginal discharge. Every woman has vaginal discharge, and it plays a role in the menstrual cycle as well as in cleaning your vagina out. (Because the vagina is self-cleaning.) It always changes depending on where in your menstrual cycle you are. Generally, you have very little discharge after your period finishes. Then, as you lead up to ovulation, it becomes clear and stretchy and there will be more of it. Towards the end of your cycle, it may be more white and creamy. 

The person before me gave some good tips on recognizing abnormal vaginal discharge. If you do not recognize any of those things, I would not worry. 

I am also 18 and is on depo. i never had this until i got on the shot...im guessing its because i dnt have a period. but this was very helpful. thank.

I am going through the same problem right now . Well, I have been for the last month or so . I have a large amount of yellowish mucous like discharge... Almost snot like vaginal discharge. I have to wear pads/pantiliners because I feel like I'm constantly wetting myself and it also stains my underwear. I spent over $200 on medication in the last month or so for this problem . I've been treated for BV, and Yeast . My doctor does not think it's an STD. I've taken Flagyl for it twice and I wasn't responding to it, now I just finished taking a new medication. It seemed to be working great until I woke up this morning to see the problem had come back . This is really stressing me out . I'm supposed to go in for a review ; I guess I've bad news to tell my doctor.

I'm 18 years old and just started taking a new pill. I also have the same thing and I was worrying about it. But judging by a lot of other posts I've read up on, it is completely normal in the middle of ovulation

ok im 32 and this discharge is getting to be almost everytime i wipe. I dont have an cycle so why would i still have the dischared, just because i still all the parts? please advise... ty

I also have this.. But burning after sex? I've only had 1 partner and he was a virgin before me so I doubt I have an STD. But help?

I had the same problems and went back and forth to the doctor for 1 1/2 years. They tested me for all STD’s, which came back negative. And because of the amount of yeast, gave me antibiotics for a yeast infection, BV, and a UTI....but, to no avail. I had- large amounts of yellow snot-like discharge, itchy patches on my legs and scalp, severe gas, rectal itching, and sleeping problems to name a few. Determined not to go back I started doing some research and learned I had Candida (fungus or form of yeast). I thank God for allowing me to finally get some answers! I had to completely change the way I eat and now the discharge and all of the symptoms are gone. It hasn’t been easy but, definitely worth it! I hope this info helps you.

*** post is edited by moderator *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I have the SAME EXACT problem, this sounds like my life. I don't like it but it sounds normal like i just have to live with it :/

I had a baby 2 months ago and the past week have had same exact discharge u describe with no answers to offer (same boat)

Douche is bad, the worst thing you can do, second when you become a real woman you will have the same problems.

I have the same problem. Mine is just white but never yellow. It just feels weird when it comes out of no where.

I have thos problem to. I have just recently got thecoil and been tested for chlamydia but me & my partner have been treated for this over a week ago & im still getting the discharge. To be fair i didnt notice the discharge until after i got the coil. Should i go to my doctor ?

Hi, i'm 27 yrs old and I have a 2yr old daughter. Ever since I went and got the IUD inserted, a couple weeks later I started having these snot-like white-sometimes yellowish, odour free, itch free discharge on a regular basis-probably two-three times per week. I wonder if i'm allergic to the IUD. Please advise.