While wiping, I noticed that along with normal, clear, white discharge, there was small amounts of stringy blood in it. This has never happened to me before.

I have just become sexually active, and am not on the pill. I've had sex about 3 weeks ago, and again just last week, both my first times and protected (using condoms). There were no problems with using them, and my partner pulled out with the condom on before climaxing just to be safe. 

I would anticipate that my period would come about a week from now, however, I also have had a history of irregular cycles.

Despite my efforts, could this be a sign of implantation bleeding from early pregnancy? Or am I just being paranoid? Please help!

Well, I may not be very much help to you, but perhaps take a preg test and go see a doctor. This could bee an infection I seem to have the same problem. Good luck.

Also, you should ask your partener if he or she has any anal or penis or vagina problems. If the doctor doesn't know whas wrong, then I cannot help you. Sorry :(.