i am 17, and have had vaginal discharge mucus for years IS THIS NORMAL?!?! - i have it throughout the day, it is basically the consistency of mucus: clear/cloudy, thick-ish, slimy - i can feel it coming out; when i laugh, sneeze, or just sitting around - if its something, COULD IT BE SERIOUS???!!?! WHAT COULD IT BE!!! i havent had sex since dec. of 06 and its jun of 07, so im worried if it's normal to have mucus discharge

Hey There,
I Am 18 years Old And i have The Same syptoms as You,
I Get A white Like Gungy Vaginal Discharge. I Have Had This For A Long Time Now, i also get Cramps In My Abdomen.
I have Just Recently Went To The Doctors and They Tested Me For Any STD'S And Was Given Some Anti Biotics. All Tests Came Back Normal I didnt have anything :-D But That Didnt Solve My Problems I still have The symptoms.

Would Love To Know What Is A Matter With Me %-) ...?

I am 16
I have the exact same symptoms. The clear slimy discharge and the cramps below my breast. I've had unprotected sex in the past few days though. I'm glad to hear that its not an STD but I as well would like to know what the hell this is.

me too! im also 16 yrs old & ive had unprotected sex as well w/ one boy. & not to say he doesnt have an std or that i dont but i dont have any symptoms i plan on goin 2 the doctor soon, tomorrow maybe. but even b4 i had unprotected sex i've had vaginal discharge, alot. i also can feel it coming out & ppl say im really wet during sex. i know its normak to have a discharge but is this much normal?! 8-|

I have the same thing! And I'm 15 and still a virgin. I went to the doctors and got checked it came back that I had an yeast infection.
I was treated with the gel and pill and got rid of it, but I still have the same problem.
Maybe it's just natural in some girls? but kinda weird..

hey girls

i'm 20 and i had the same issue for years. white discharge whenever i walk or laugh, especially sneeze. eugh... it was driving me crazy. doctors tested me, said that everything was normal and it's just low immunity. i started eating more fruit and veg and i get it less now. it's weird isn't it?

Hey I'm 17 and I have had the same problem I keep looking fo rthe reason but all I can find is a yeast infection...I really am nervous about getting it checked...do I have to et a pap or is there another way...and does eating more fruit really help?

I'm 15 And I'm Still A Virgin..I Get White Cloudy Discharge N Sometimes It's Green N I Dont Want 2 Get It Cheked Out..Because I'm Scared Of The Results..But Then Again I Want To Know What It Is..I Dont Know How To Tell My Mum.. %-)
I'm Glad That It's Nothin Serious But I'm Also Scared If It's An Yeast Infection..I Researched On The Symptoms And Found Out That It Could Be Yeast Infection And Who Ever Has Yeast Infection You Can Make It Go Away For Ever..Theres A Book About It..Not Sure What It's Called But You Can Find Out.

I'm So Happy That I Found People With The Same Thing..This Could Realy Help Me.

im 18 and i have had the problem for years. sometimes it is more concentrated at times. i have also had unprotected sex but he doesn't have anything, so i wasnt that worried. but this is persistent and it would come at any moment. i thought it would be discharge because i was turned on or something but it would happen at any time and it was alot. i am really worried. i always thought it was a yeast infection, i just never got it checked out.
not wanna ask my mom or anything, kinda dont wanna explain the sex and it is just plain awkard. i should see the doctor.

but glad im not the only one. :-)

Well ladies I suppose it doesn't age discriminate, I'm 32 and I am having the same issues. Has anyone found out what exactly this is?

I'm 15 and i have the same problem.
but i'm to scared to go to the doctor, or even tell my mum.
its really embarrassing.
does anyone know what it could be?
or anything that helps?

Don't worry about this! It's just the natural lubricant that your body makes to keep your vagina moist. Sometimes it comes out when you've got a bit more than you need. I go to the bathroom and just wipe it away whenever I feel like it's going to dirty my panties. I used to freak out about it, but it's totally natural.

People get discharge and cramps because they are ovulating! Yeast infections feel different to others but usually have a burning sensation while peeing.. I have bad cramps and slimy gung but i was not supposed to have kids my uterus has always been messed up. I had complications giving birth to my daughter and now my uterus is either turned or completly going to fall out of my well you know. That hurts also on top of the ovulation. So your ovulating .. Dont worry

you guys a ton of vaginal discharge isn't always bad if it is slimy and not discolored like green or yellow it probably means you are ovulating not that your sick

Know yourself. The normal vaginal discharge is white or clear and does not smell, itch, or burn but rather has a has a sticky "egg white" consistancy...don't worry. The nature of the discharge follows your menstrual cycle. Just after your period, your discharge is white and thick. Before ovulation, in the middle of your cycle, the discharge is slimy and thin to touch. This is to help the sperm to swim easily into the uterus and through the tubes to fertilize the egg.

An abnormal discharge may be creamy, beige, white, cheesy, chalky or bloody. It may smell or itch. During period and after sexual intercourse, the discharge may smell like fish. When the discharge is white, itchy and has no odor, Yeast infection is likely.

However, if you may have any one or combination of the following: bacterial infection, Trichomonas infection, Gonorrhea or Chlamydia infection whenever you have creamy beige discharge with odor that is made worse with period of sexual intercourse.

It is always good to see your doctor so she can take a sample of the discharge and examine it under the microscope to check for Trichomonas, Yeast infection and bacterial infections. She will send another sample to check for Chlamydia or Gonorrhea. You should know yourself so when you get any of the above symptoms you can see your doctor for early treatment. Do not treat yourself except when you have white itchy, chalky, cheesy discharge. This is a classic yeast infection. If your over the counter treatment does not work see your physician.