I have been trying to figure this out. All of the other similar questions have other things about them that makes it diffreent than what I am experiencing. I have a CLEAR, ODORLESS, normal vaginal discharge that is very stringy like a booger. I have recently stopped my birth control after being on the depo shot for 5 years then switching to the nuva-ring for 3 months. According to an ovulation chart I should be ovualting on or around 01/16 - 01/19. The discharge was quite a large amount. I stood from the toilet and it was stuck to my inner thigh for about 3 to 4 inches long. I get tested regularly and have had the same partner for 6 years now so STD's are of no concern for me. I have always had a lot of clear discharge normally anyways, but this was the first time it was booger like and such a large amount. Is this normal? I have been off of birth control now for 1 week only, could this be the cause after being on it for so long? Please help!

Did you manage to find out what it was?

hey im having the same exact problem, an odorless goey discharge in somewhat bigger amounts... i to recently got off the birth control about 2 weeks ago. and for 3 days now ive had this weird discharge.

dang that is creepy me 2 now what is this is it just from stopping bc, or like is it an std!!!

I am having the same problem, but I'm not on BC or anything, I had my tubes tied 5 years ago, and have never had this problem before. But it has been a concern to me too, not sure if I am so concerned that i'm ready to see the GYNO, but I was hoping to maybe get some idea from someone else.

i would say it normal because i went to a doctor and they said it was a yeast infection well i was like um ok. But then after i got read of it i still have the discharge but its just normal

wow i'm having the same problem i've also been off of bc for a couple weeks now, but i've also had an overy removed 8 weeks ago. i feel better that so many others have the same prblem

I'm worrying about the women's concerns on here. Before you believe in something, look it up online. You will find plenty of info. Don't rely on he or she says. I myself been pondering this concern. The gooey vaginal discharge, looks like CERVICAL MUCUS.

This discharge is a normal part of the reproductive cycle. When a woman is most fertile she will have a very stretchy mucosy discharge(sperm can survive in it longer). I recommend researching fertility books there are specific kinds of discharge depending on where you are in you cycle. It is healthy and a sign all things are as they should be.

No its not your birth control but I have been trying for about 15 years to find out what is wrong with me I really didnt think anyone else had this problem but it has really ruined my sex life I have pain in my abdomin sometimes of the month the secreations at other times of the month and nothing but water at the other time of the month and this is when im not on my period so if you find out what it is PLEASE PLEASE let me know what to do about it. i cant believe that all these other people have the same thing but i have never been on birth control.

The discharge is a NORMAL part of healthy reproductive females. The color of the discharge, which is actually Cervical Mucus, actually relates to where you are in the ovulation process or phase. Before Ovulation occurs and right after your period, you will have little to no discharge present. When your body is approaching ovulation, the first discharge that does appear should be moist or sticky and should be white or cream in color. During this transition time, first the mucus will become cloudy and slightly stretchy and as time progresses, the mucus will become greater in volume. Right around ovulation this is when the discharge or mucus resembles egg whites and will be clear. It is the thinnest, clearest and most abundant at this point in the cycle. The amount of this thin mucus will steadily increase until you experience your ‘mucus peak’. During the ovulation phase, the discharge will stretch more before breaking, if it does at all... This is your body's way of helping you get pregnant. The sperm’s survival rate is higher during the ovulation phase and it can survive in cervical mucus for up to 72 hours, a significantly longer time than during the rest of the cycle. After ovulation, there is a marked change in mucus appearance. It returns to the sticky stage and back to the cream or white color.

***If the discharge has a bad or strong smell or has a yellowish / greenish tint, then you probably have some sort of infection or possibly an STD and should go to your gynecologist ASAP.***

So discharge is a healthy part of your reproductive system as a woman. Most women don't talk about discharge, b/c they think something is wrong with them, but if it is clear or white/cream and you don't have any other symptoms (such as itching, burning, bumps, ect) then more than likely you are just a normal reproductive female going through the mucus cycle as I described above. From what my gynecologist told me, all women experience different amounts of mucus or discharge throughout the month depending on their body and some even produce more right before or during a bowel movement, which is ALL NORMAL AND HEALTHY. I hope this helps some of the concerns listed in all the previous posts!!!

I have the same thing, but I am pregnant. When I asked other girls that are pregnant..they said they have the same thing

omg this helps SO MUCH. im a virgin, but i have gotten oral and i was so worried i had an std. ive been like super turned on too, and considering loosing the vcard soon. but now i know this discharge is from ovulation, and that i am in fact ovulating. so i wont do the deed, and now i know why ive suddenly become attracted to a guy ive had zero interest in before. you are a life...and virginity saver! haha i cannot thank the previous poster enough.

It's normal to have some vaginal discharge, as the vagina stays moist as part of its self-cleansing mechanism. The normal moist discharge clears dead cells and bacteria from the vagina. It comes mainly from glands in the cervix (the neck of the womb), and is slightly acidic, which helps to keep infections at bay. The acidity results from lactic acid, formed by 'friendly' bacteria as they break down sugars.

The amount of normal discharge varies from woman to woman, and with the menstrual cycle. Many women notice that during the week after a period there is hardly any discharge, and what there is has a thick consistency. Towards the middle of the cycle (about 2 weeks after the start of a period) the amount increases and it becomes thin, slippery and clear, like uncooked egg white. When this discharge is exposed to the air it becomes brownish-yellow, so it is normal to find a yellowish stain on your undies at the middle of the monthly cycle. There may also be a feeling of moistness and stickiness.

Discharge also increases during pregnancy. And during sexual excitement, vaginal discharge becomes very profuse because two glands near the vaginal opening (the Bartholin's glands) secrete additional slippery mucus, which acts as a lubricant for intercourse.

Abnormal discharge
Normal discharge doesn't smell, and does not cause any irritation or itching. A discharge is likely to be abnormal if:

it smells fishy
it's thick and white, like cottage cheese
it's greenish and smells foul
there's blood in it (except when you have a period)
it's itchy
you have any genital sores or ulcers
you have abdominal pain or pain on intercourse
it started soon after you had unprotected sex with someone you suspect could have a sexually transmitted disease.

I have the same discharge. ever since i went onto the nuva ring. i was on the pill for 4 years and switched to the ring and every since i've had the same problem.