How dangerous is it to take generic clomid to concive with out doctor consent. my ob-gyn will not take me seriously to now concieve. is clomid a high risk to me.. i have never been allergic to anything or ever been on any medicine i have nothing wrong with me besides irregular periods. and i am not the type of person to argue with my doctor about what the right age for having kids is! i just need to know if it is fatal. or anything will happen like cysts or anything of that sort.. if clomid is a high risk i would like to know if ovulex will work even with my irregular periods i have had irregular periods for about 7 months and was on birth control to get them back but im not sure that has worked :'( ...your advice will be appricated thank you
becky

Clomid is used to make women ovulate. If your problem is irregular periods then you are probably still ovulating so it would be of no use to you. It does have a risk of ovarian cysts. Ovulex is not recognised by the FDA which means that it has not been scientifically proven or approved for human use.

It takes a normal healthy couple an average of 6-9 cycles to conceive, it is perfectly normal for it to take 12 months.

So you think i do ovulate at least part of the time?! well thats great news to me.. now i just need to figure out when!

have you tried ovulation tests? i have irregular periods and i just saw a gyno two days ago and ovulation is the biggest part of infertility and being irregular means you can't time ovulation (thats what GYNO said) i have been off my pills for over a year no luck gyno running tests now to see if anything is wrong!!!!! Good Luck!!!