Since I have problems with ovulation, my doctor recommended me Clomid. I have two friends who also used this as help to ovulate and get pregnant. However, they used it different ways, so I am confused now. Can you tell me which way I should use it, and which regimen is appropriate? I would like to hear more about Clomid and its effect to ovulation.

First, you have to know that the most common regimen is to take the Clomid starting on day 5 after the start of menses for 5 days ending on day 9. Another regimen for taking Clomid is to start on day 4 through 8. Recent publication even indicates the Clomid can be taken on day 1 through day 5, with a very successful pregnancy rate. If your doctor does not indicate otherwise, taking the medicine on days 5-9. This is the usual and most commonly tested regimen for taking Clomid for successful ovulation. Sometimes, a 3-day regimen can also be used although it is not quite as successful at inducing ovulation. You must know it may have a slightly higher pregnancy rate since the anti-estrogen effects of Clomid on the endometrium are less pronounced. Most women do not have any symptoms from taking Clomid, and I believe you would be interested to know this. Some will have some lower abdominal cramps in the second half of the cycle according to ovulation. Rarely, a woman may experience ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome because of Clomid induced ovulation.