I'm 23 and been TTC while using Clomid. The first dose was 50mg. days 5-9 of my cycle. No luck and no odd symptoms. This time I started my perid 4/22-4/27 and took 100mg. Clomid days 5-9. We had sex 5/3 and 5/5 at 6:30am. On 5/9 I started haveing perid like cramps, bloating and very sore nipples. The cramps were pretty painful it hurt to sit and to walk fast or bend. They were gone when I woke on 5/11. But I still feel bloated, and an occasional twinge of a cramp. My nipples still hurt. I am very emotional. I've been sleeping 15 hours a day and taking naps and still tired. I been getting up to pee 4-6 times a nite. I toss and turn and can't get compfy. I have been wakeing up every day at 6:30am! I work nights and evenings I rarely see 6:30 on the clock but everyday I wake up and see the number and go back to sleep! I thought that is pretty odd. I been hungery more too. I normally go 8 hours before eating at work now I'm actully eating 3 meals a day! I am 4 foot 7 inches tall and was thinking that the cramping could be implantion pain since surely me being so much shorter that the average woman my tubes should be shorter too and the egg could travel to the uterus faster. I took dollar store ovulation tests but they were all neg. like I didn't ovulate. But on 5/3 I got very emotional and was thinking it could be my hormones indicating ovulation was about to occur. I am driving myself crazy taking pg. test everyday and they're all neg. course I'm not due to start my perid till 5/19! I wanted to know if anyone experienced false preg. symptoms takeing Clomid. My heart says I'm pregnant but as all women know sometimes trusting our hearts isn't so wise. What does it sound like to you all. I cannot come up with anything that explanes all of my symptoms. Thank You all so much for any help you can offer.

You must not think of Clomid as a magic fertility pill! Not everybody is right for Clomid and even if your doctor decided you should take it, it doesn’t mean that you will immediately start ovulating. However, it has been determined that Clomid had good success rates.

Clomid side effects are possible but not all of them resemble pregnancy symptoms.

One of the common side effects is mood swings. These mood swings last only for a period of time when you are actually taking the pill. Other problems that may occur are visual disturbances and headaches. If something like that occurs, you should talk to your doc. Clomid may cause excessive vaginal discharge, ovarian enlargement, and severe side effects would be hot flashes that don’t appear so often. You may feel slight dizziness but you wouldn’t be actually having pregnancy symptoms.

Going through your symptoms, they do remind me of pregnancy. I would advise you not to take one test after another because this will only make you more nervous and stressed and that won’t lead you anywhere.

Since your period is not due yet, I would suggest you wait and see if it’s late or not. If it’s late, wait for a day or two and then do the testing. I wish you best of luck!!!

I had my first round of Clomid in May, 50mg for days 5-9. My OBGYN had me come in on day 14 to get a mid-cycle ultrasound. At that time she was able to determine that it didn't look like I was going to ovulate this month. Her plans are to up my dosage of the clomid to 100mg, once I receive my period. I would suggest asking your doctor to do mid-cycle ultrasounds as well, so you know whether or not the dosage you are on is working. This way, your not taking pregnancy test everytime you have a symptom, and have a better chance of conceiving faster.

I believe the symptoms I had with Clomid, were very closey related to pregnancy symptoms. I had nausea, breast tenderness, bloating, more hungry than usual, etc. I even called my doctor, and they said that with clomid you will have pregnancy like symptoms and/or PMS like symptoms. I also had a few hot flashes, but luckily no moodiness.

I was on clomid this month, I also just like you two I had pr signs 1 week before my period time so I did a hpt It was possitive +++++ . 4 days later I wanted to be sure so I bought another hpt it was negative ----- which one should I belive I just have wait for my period and see what will happen

Did you use the same brand of pregnancy test for the one you did 4 days later? First Response Early results works really well.

Its strange you got a negative 4 days later. Did you get a hormone shot to induce ovulation? That will give you a positive test for some time after ovulation.

Here's lots of BABY DUST your way.

I am having exactly the same symptoms, but I only took Clomid once and it was on August 21 to August 26. I had my period one week earlier and it only lasted 2 days. I am still spotting, I am feeling pretty sick in my stomach and having fewer, plus all the another symtoms you all mentioned. I called my doctor and he scheduled me for ultrasound, although my test came negative. I know my body pretty well, and these sympoms are really weird, and the doctor told me that I shouldn't have them by now.

I am also having those symptoms and am on day 27 of my cycle and used clomid days 5-9. I also called my doctor who said that clomid often worsens pms symptoms and it could be that or it could be implantation. She said that there is no way to know until I am past my expected date to menstrate which for me is day 34. So I have to wait a whole week! I have decided that i will no longer stress myself out with pregnancy tests and that now I will just wait and get the hcg. We'll see! Keep your fingers crossed!

I know it has been awhile since the last post but I am curious to know if any of the you women have gotten pg. since Sept.
My husband and I have a 3yr. and we have been trying for our second for a year now. I just started my first round of clomid. I am on the second day of taking it and I am experiencing some massive headaches and dizziness! I was curious to find out if this was a side effect from the clomid and sure enough through my research I have found most of you experiencing headaches.
I am wondering if I should be concerned at all?
I know when I took birth control pills(all of three months)I had some headaches. I suppose it is the hormones!
Let me know if any of you had a good turn out from the clomid.

I took 100mg Clomid days 3-7 of my cycle last month. I never had problems ovulating before, in fact you could set a clock by my periods and my ovulation was very regular (I charted my ovulation using kits or temp, as well as discharge, for months before starting to try - I knew we would want to start trying and wanted to make sure I would be able to do so at age 32).

So I didn't need Clomid except when we finally decided to get prg we found out my husband had to go away for four months. So to ensure I would get prg before he left, my dr suggested I try Clomid.

I had immediate reactions to it. My period has always been at least six days long, and heavy. After starting Clomid, my period became very light and then stopped completely by day four. I also felt very strange. I can't explain it but it made me feel really, really weird. I've never felt that way before.

Then I noticed I had almost no discharge throughout my entire cycle. This is very abnormal for me as I always have VERY heavy egg white discharge the around the days I ovulate. Also, the kits showed I was NOT having the LH surge that indicates ovulation!

Needless to say, I did not get prg because I did not ovulate. This has never happened to me, and the only thing different was Clomid. Strangely, I swear that Clomid actually stopped me from ovulating. I know it's supposed to do the opposite, but that's what happened. Maybe it's because I didn't have problems to start w/? So don't take this as a warning not to take it, by all means do whatever you need if you DO have problems. But I just thought I'd share my experience.

Also, I got my period again (I cried) and it's the same thing - very light, and on day four it is already going away! I'm afraid I really messed my system up. Oh well. I hope that now I've decided not to take Clomid again, my body will regulate itself. Has this happened to anyone else?

God luck to all ...

Sorry this is a very long story but I am hoping someone has had a similar experience and can give me some advice.

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over two years and just started infertility treatment. I have always had regular periods (usually 28 days in length). I have never missed a period. I'm 38 years old.

Last month was my first Clomid Cycle. I took Clomid on days 5-9. Had an ultrasound on day 12, where we saw three mature follicles. I was injected with hcg on day 12 (to stimulate ovulation), and was inseminated on Day 13.

By day 29, my period had not shown up, so my husband and I were naturally really excited that I might be pregnant. However, I took two hpts and they were both negative. On day 31 (still no period) I had a blood test and another urine test at the fertility clinic, again negative. The doctor told me that I have probably had a very rare reaction to Clomid, and that it has effected my hormone levels, resulting in no period.

I did experience some slight cramping from about day 24-31. It felt like very light menstrual cramps, and light aches.

On Day 37 (still no period), my huisband had to take me to the energency room because I was having severe abdominal pain. The pain started right after we had sex. While waiting to be seen by the doctor, the pain completely disappeared. The doctor was concerned that it could be an ectopic pregnancy so she took another blood test and urine test. Both tests were negative again. She told me that it could have been an ovarion cyst that had ruptured, and that since I was not in any pain, it should be OK now.

Well, it is now day 43. Still no period. I am going crazy trying to figure ot what's going on! Can anyone help?

Hi
I really need someone who understands how I am feeling, my period is a day late and I have just done a pregnancy test, BFN - we have two probelsm my husband has 98% abnormal sperm and I have PCOS so Iknow our chances of ever having a baby are very remote. I can't help th way I am feeling, I am utterly heartbroken, I am crying so much as I write this thinking I will never hol my own child. How am I going tocope with being childless ... please help me someone, I am totally desolate and have no-one in the world I can talk to. Cathy

okay...well my husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 2 years now...I started clomid last month days 5-9...on the 28th day...no period...so, I went to my regular end of the month check up, and they did a pregnancy test...the test was negative, but the doctor said that I ovulated just as I was supposed to do....but I still have not yet started my period and it is day 30! I dont know what to expect, bc the doctor says that I could "still" be prego, and for me to call her in a couple of days and let her know if I have started my period or not...OMG, I am going insane, literally...My husband and I want this so bad, but I dont want the medicine to screw up my body...ya know? I mean, i still have not yet started my period, and I had a negative pregnancy result, so I really dont know what to do as of right now, besides just sit back and wait....what else can I seriously do?

I have been trying numerous years to get pregnant and I am on day 32 now, with no period though ever since the Clomid severe cramping. They are taking blood tests every 3 days for the next two weeks to see if my HCG levels increase to indicate pregnancy. Sometimes those urine tests just suck. Ask for a blood test and see if they will test again. because if you are pregnant your HCG levels will increase ten fold as each day passes.

This is my third moth on clomid. he first month I took 50mg cycle day 3-7 and did not ovulate. Second moth we upped the dose to 100mg had succsesful o, and started period on day 29. Third month took 100mg day 3-7, ovulated day 15 and it is now day 39 and still no period. Have tingling in lower abdomen. Have taken hpt twice and negative results. Could I still be prego or am i just a weirdo. PLease help

I had exactly the same experience. I think Clomid will work for those who has no period for 3 months or more. The doctor used Primolut and clomid to make your cycle. But for those who already have a cycle like you and me, clomid do messed up our system. Instead you will take longer to get pregnant because you will need to fix it up or wait to get back to regular cycle that will take 3 months. I went back to my doctor and he gave me Primolut to balance the lack of estrogen in my body. I heard some people have to take 1 cycle of birthcontrol pill to balance out their hormones again.