this was my first month on 50 mg clomid and had very regular follow up tests with my ob/gyn.......had a follicle matured to the right size from cd15 - 17 and when i went in for my next u/s on cd 19 the follicle had disappeared!!!!!!!! does it mean tht i ovulated??????DH and i BD'd on cd16 and cd17........would the sperm have stayed alive if i ovulated on cd 18?plzzzzzz help me somebody........i desperately am hoping tht this med works for me...........

Sperm can live up to five days and latest researches say that it could even live up to 7 days.
As for the Clomid, it showed to be very affective in inducing ovulation. Ovulation usually occurs five to nine days after you took last Clomid tablet. Have you discussed the possible ovulation period with your gynecologist.
If the follicle burst, it is quite possible that you ovulated. But don’t get disappointed if you don’t get pregnant. You don’t need just ovulation to occur. It is a start. You need an egg released to be fertilized and you need it to be mature enough, so it could survive and live long enough to implant inside of the uterine lining.
Then you get pregnant. If you ovulated once, you will certainly ovulate again. I hope you do get pregnant soon! I wish you good luck!