One friend of mine said it is best to check if I ovulate using the Clomid. She told me most women do this by monitoring their basal body temperature. I want to know if there is any connection between basal body temperature and Clomid effects. I would like to hear if ovulation happens in the same time of the cycle with or without Clomid. I would appreciate any info about this drug, because doctor recommended it to me.

This basal or morning temperature goes up by about 0.5 degrees F or more and stays up during the luteal phase. Ovulation may occur anywhere from day 12 of the cycle up to day 18 of the cycle. Occasionally, it might happen little bit later if woman is using Clomid. If your basal temperature stays up for 17 days or more after ovulation, then you should run a pregnancy test, so if it is positive, let your doctor know. There can be a slightly higher early pregnancy loss rate with Clomid induced ovulation. That is why if you have trouble interpreting your basal body temperature and pregnancy test results, be sure that you contact your physician. If you ovulated and the pregnancy test is negative, then you should take another course of progestins. I would recommend that you start over with ovulation induction with Clomid at the same dose. If you did not ovulate, you will need instructions from your doctor as to whether to increase the Clomid dose. It is important that you do not increase the dose on your own without instructions from your physician.