am completely helpless here.......i have been taking codiene phosphate for the last three months.....going thru a very rough stage, and everytime i get depressed i keep craving for it......keeps my mind off the other awful stuffs in my life......i need help. dunno how to solve this problem of mine.

i have stopped taking it for the last 5 days...and i know that i am off codeine for good......i know that i wont be taking that sh*t anymore .. but i spend the whole day crying, am very edgy.

the little bit of support that i need from my boy friend i dont get that....instead he asks me to try and act normal.....

so u see...am pretty much scrwed up here......

Hi hon: You are NOT screwed up, you are addicted to a powerful drug!! And what happens - even in a short amount of time - your brain gets used to not having to deal with crappy things. So it starts demanding it and IF you don't give it, It WILL make it hard for you. What I would think is that you are going through anxiety/panic/depression. I always try to get people to go down to the lowest common denominator and figure out what led them to this point.

I want you to write down ALL the "rough stage stuff" And when and why it happened.
I want you to write down Is ANYONE the reason for you feeling this way
I want you to write down What would it take for you to feel better - other than drugs?

Then on Monday I want you to schedule an appointment with your doctor, tell him/her what's going on and get him to give you something for panic attacks. I will tell you what I am on - but keep in mind it's not the same for everyone - 0.5mg Clonazepam and 30mg of Cymbalta! I have to tell you that they way I feel with Cymbalta has TOTALLY turned my life around. But like I said you might be better with another, sometimes it's a little trial and error.

So don't give yourself a hard time OK? And just know there are MILLIONS of us all over the world who are suffering right now, the world is SO hectic and loud and over stimulating. This is why our brains are SO overwhelmed as they never get time to relax. So when regular stresses - or even BAD stresses - happen they can't deal with it. So there is NO shame in asking for help. I just want to point out something, If you are under 21 I want you to be aware of some REALLY bad side effects of Anti Depressants = such as SEVERE depression, Suicidal Thoughts, etc. etc. The younger the person taking it, the worse the side affects can be. So check whith your doctor about the pros and cons of getting this sort of help. Just think of it as IF you broke your arm and it was THROBBING with pain, would you take a Tylenol for it? Of course you would, so right now your Brain has a break and NEEDS a break and you need to help it heal! I hope this makes you feel more hopeful, and just have strength in you! And if you ever need to talk I'm on here usually - becaues I have NO life!!!! ;-) XD Good luck and health hon!

thanx bambi......it really helped me understand why i am in the situation i am in now.....

i am 22 and ready to deal with the problems without being dependent on drugs....
i got a few very supportive friends now to help me out in this stage....i guess i will get better eventually......

thanx again......

:-)

You're welcome honey, just remember that you can get help in MANY ways not only pharmeceutical OK? Good Luck and health hon!

im totally in luv with it........i snort it though........i get right cranky after a couple of days without it

sillybuttrue wrote:

jgal wrote:

im gonna be 40..........its only been a year, i hope we can all one day get over this!

sillybuttrue wrote:

sillybuttrue wrote:

jgal wrote:

i dont know how to re-post.......