Hello all,

I am a 17 year old male, been smoking on and off since I was 14. Got more into smoking 2 years ago, and have been smoking more and more ever since. It has turned into an everyday thing for the last 3-4 months. All my friends either smoke or deal so we usually match, we smoke between 5-6 blunts a sesh and have a few smoking sessions every day.

About 2 weeks ago, I got a bottle of codeine w/ promethazine (syrup) and a bottle of 25mg codeine pills. I started out lacing my blunts with the codeine/prometh syrup, but ended up taking all the pills. I would take like 5-6 pills at a time and be completely gone.

Ever since I took all the pills, I have been feeling like absolute sh*t. I wake up every morning with a hangover-like headache, and feel like there is constant pressure on my brain. I feel completely disconnected to the world. I can't concentrate on anything. I have lost my appetite for the past 5-6 days, and when I try to eat it won't stay in my stomach. I still smoke trees everyday but have been trying to cut back a little bit. I feel like these symptoms aren't going away, HLEP PLZ!

Also forgot to add, I've been having trouble falling asleep and getting "deep sleep." Things have gotten to the point where my friends have noticed my weight loss and purple bags under my eyes.

this is a serious problem as those pills you are taking are wayyy over the limit for the amount that it is safe to take and you are risking serious side effects the ld50 for codeine is 140mg(oral) meaning that 150 mg (which is 6 pills) is 10mg more than the amount that is required to threaten the life of the average person. mixing that with other drugs is seriously risking your life and you should seek medical attention as you have definitely done some damage to your body.

you have just started consuming it, so my advice would be, dont take even a single more codeine pill or syrup. im a 9 year codeine addict and i really wish i could back and stopped when i was at your stage. all the illness you are feeling will vanish within a few days or a week max but dont take more to feel less sick, cos eventually they will make you sick as hell.

Incorrect, the ld50 of codeine is 800mg.

You're actually the biggest f*****g id**t I have ever seen comment on a post on any site, not only is the LD50 for Codeine over 1000mg not f*****g 140mg.. I don't even feel much from 140mg are you retarded that amount is small enough to be prescribed as a single dose... Also, marijuana doesn't react badly with opiates, it actually potentiates them and makes them feel better but does not change or make the negative effects worse, before you give someone advice about drugs do your research or someone could end up dead because you recommended a wrong dose.

I agree. Most of these folks are idiots spewing c**p from their pie holes. try reading the pharmacology section to help you learn more about what the drug is and how it works. and yes, I would stop now before you can't. it's a slippery slope not everyone can stand on.

How about just quitting? That's the recommended dose you fucktards

Dude your addicted to pills duh get some help that's called withdrawal Google it

you're an id**t for taking all of those drugs and not think that there is a huge chance that this is a f*****g bad idea.

As a person who has also had the same habits as you, the only thing that you can do is cut back. I used to be a big codeine guy until I realized that my life was going down hill. So just do yourself a favor and try your best to stop the opiates in your life.

I think it is good that you're trying to cut back on the weed but honestly do what you want im 15 I started smoking in the 5 grade and no I smoking like 7-8 blunts with like 3 people in the circle.. I like what I do.

I've been on it for tree years it's not that easy to quit.

Stop smoking, see a doctor. Eat healthier. Eliminabate any other unhealthy habits, talk a close friend or subbing, start ab exercise routine, get the righth anoint of sleep and apply stress management techniques

Thanks for ur post. Trying to quit myself. Winning stories help the faith. Ty n stay strong.