I'm 25 and I have been taking oxycontin now for about 3 months. I just started taking them because I liked how perks made me feel and I heard that this was even better. I have been snorting about 120 mgs for the last 2 weeks. I started just 40mgs then got to 80, now im at 120. Last time I took them was a day and a half ago and I am seriously a mess. I have have the chills, restless, cant sleep, throwing up and just crying. I can't go to a rehab, it would crush my mom. I only live 15 mins from here but I can't tell her and break her heart. I bought a couple of 30mgs of percs to try to calm me down. I know this is dumb, but in my head I am addicted to the oxycontins not the oxycodens. I figured if i could just get through the next couple days with just taking 1 of those a day I will be able to make it. I'm sitting here crying, i dont know what to do, I took off of work today and will not be able to take off tomorrow. Please give me some ideas, or if anyones knows when this pain will stop or what i can do to make it go away faster. I read, drink a lot so I have been forcing water down my throat. But i mean would aderall help, anything? Thanks m.

Hi Honey! You HAVE to come clean with your mom! I know this is scary BUT it's not YOU who doesn't want to tell your mom! It's your ADDICTED Brain telling you that she will be crushed! She probably already knows that you are addicted, there is NO way you can be snorting that much Oxy and NOT be affected!

I was addicted to BOTH for about 6 years hon! I KNOW what this does to you and I KNOW how frightening it is for you to try and quit! Some people on here have quit cold turkey but I do NOT suggest this! The people that did it were taking it via mouth, not snorting it! Snorting it and especially the quantity you were snorting, is harder to leave!

Right now, your addicted brain will be giving you ANY and EVERY reason NOT to quit! It will make you sick, it will make you think "Everyone is going to be upset with me etc." You will have to fight this tooth and nail! IF you insist on not going to a doctor - which I MUST tell you I REALLY want you too - then the pills you already have, put them in a VERY small container and cut them in half! Take half a pill ONLY when you can't stand it anymore, and look into that FILLED container before you take them!

I know this sounds INSANE! But I will tell you why I am saying this! When I was trying to get clean, my ANGEL doctor told me to half my pills even quarter them! So when I looked into the container, my addicted brain thought "Look at how many pills I have!!!!" It is amazing at how it works on your mind! Eventhough you know that it is less, your addicted brain doesn't! I KNOW this doesn't make sense to you - the side of your brain asking for help - but it does I promise!

It's not getting the drugs out of your body, it is getting the drugs out of your brain!! So start taking Omega 3 oils - these are great for the brain! Take Melatonin - this helps with sleep and relaxation! And eat as healthy as you can! I REALLY want you to come clean! In ALL ways honey! By admitting you are an addict, that is Number 1, NOW you have to admit to others #2, then getting help #3, then getting clean #4! You CAN do this honey, but you WILL need help OK?

Talk to your mom, and ask for some help! And then GET that help OK?

If you ever want to talk I'm usually on here! I wish you HEALTH, Sobriety, LUCK and love!

Thank you Bambi, just reading your text makes me cry but makes me feel like im not alone, and comforts me. I have been sitting here all day taking showers to try to warm up cause im so cold and just laying in my bed crying. I have talked with my friend who had the same prob who went to rehab and he said the same thing. Talk to my mom, I'm just crying thinking about it, god i dont want to hurt her i dont want her to be ashamed of me. but thank you i just keep re-reading what you said and for you to take the time out of your day to write to a stranger is so heart warming. I will keep you updated on my progress, but i have not touched the pills (perc 30s) at all today. I have just tried to keep holding off and holding off. I cant say it enough but thank you and god bless you hun.

As a mother honey! She will be sad and worried for you NOT hurt! My son had a pot problem for just over a year! And I felt responsible because of ALL that he saw with me, being addicted and crying and shouting etc! BUT I overcame that and I told him he could too! I got him into an addiction counselling centre, and was just THERE!! To listen! Because being young nowadays I think is WAY harder than it was when I was a teen or in my early 20's there wasn't "Legal" drugs to be SO addicted to! There was just your basic street drugs! So things are WAY more dangerous now!

Your mom is your mom, she will hurt for you, but she is strong and WILL be there for you! IF you are having a hard time saying it to her write a letter! Of HOW you started, WHY, and that you need HELP! She will be of course heartbroken - but for you honey! That's all! Everyone of us has a tendency to be dependent on something, either a glass of wine after work, or a couple of beers with the guys etc. So I'm sure your mom has had her own demons throughout her life that she had to overcome! This might even open more doors of communication for you honey! Honestly! My son knows he can ask me ANYTHING and visa versa, there is no lies anymore! So good luck honey and keep me posted OK? God Bless!