Hi. Just recently I have got into a little quarrel with my friends about one thing.
I have some questions concerning that problem but I'm not really sure why I'm asking this because I know I am right about this.
We are quarreling about some differences between Cold and Flu.
I tried to convince them that these two terms are representing the same disease caused by common cold virus or at least they have identical symptoms. They think that these are two different diseases and that symptoms don’t match. Neither of us know so much about this and we would like to find some informations about these “two” conditions?
Thanks!

Well, I'm really sorry to say but definitely you are wrong about this.
Colds and flu are caused by viruses and can cause symptoms such as coughing and sore throat.
Although flu symptoms are similar to those caused by a cold, they are in general a lot worse. Beside the difference in quality of symptoms there are differences in locality- flu symptoms come on suddenly and affect the body all over and cold symptoms mostly affect you above the neck. Flu is accompanied with high fever, headaches and extreme exhaustion and cold doesn’t include any of these.
Like I already said, both conditions are caused by viruses so none antibiotic will work against them but there are some medications that can, however, help relieve your cold/flu symptoms.