I'm currently in grad school up North and I moved up from FL. I also have hemoglobin SC disease and am anemic. So when I experienced the flu-like symptoms the fatigueness wasn't really an additional symptom because of my being anemic. But I've had flu-lke symptoms for about a month now. I've taken OTC cold/flu medicines from Ny/Dayquil, tylenol, robitussen, etc. and nothing works. About two wks into the flu-like symptoms I began having bad fevers and then those turned to night sweats after given Amoxicillin antiobiotics from my Hematologists. When I first arrived my WBC was approx 30k and since taking the antiobiotics are, as of last wk, 19k. I'm not as fatigue anymore besides the usual from being anemic, no more night sweats, but I still experience nasal drainage and such horrible sore throat that it keeps me up at night and non of the medicines soothe it long enough.

My hematologist doesnt know what else to do and has referred me to the Infectious Disease Doctor next week. Hopefully, he can give me some answers and solutions.

It does feel good to know that their are others who feel the same but to know that non of us has gotten answers is disturbing!

Hope we all find answers!