Hi. My 6 year old is coughing all the time. He is coughing, sneezing and he has a fever. I think he has a cold. Or is it flu? What is the difference between cold or flu anyway?

Hi. Cold and flu are 2 different problems. A cold is, you can say, harmless, although it can be the cause of certain secondary infections. Flu can be harmless too, but it can progress and cause complications, such as pneumonia and even death. The symptoms of cold include low or no fever, occasional headaches, runny nose, sneezing, mild coughing, slight pains, mild fatigue, sore throat and normal energy level. The symptoms of flu include high fever, headaches, stuffy nose and sometimes sneezing, coughing, persistent fatigue, sore throat and exhaustion. It think the basic difference is energy level. You can have a cold and feel all right, but you can feel fine if you have flu.