Hi, I'm 25 years old and I have a problem with frequent colds. I have colds during the entire year, in winter I get cold about 3 times and during the rest of the year the frequency of them decreases but the problem still remains, as soon as the weather gets a little colder I get sore throat and all the symptoms of a cold. When I go to the doctor they tell me that they can't help me and that the symptoms should go away within a week, in fact they do but they always return. What should I do about this?

Well, there is little or nothing you can do to cure the cold once it’s there, there is no cure available for the cold or flu since they are caused by viruses and taking medications like antibiotics can only make things worse. All you can do is wait until it’s over and do everything that’s in your power to prevent it from happening again. In your case this seems to be a case of chronic colds. If you are totally healthy and don’t have any other illnesses chronic colds probably happen because you didn’t heal the last cold well and whenever your immune system gets weaker or whenever youre under stress the cold reappears causing those annoying symptoms. The next time you get it be sure to follow your doctors instructions and rest well before returning back to your work or going back to your regular activities, drink lots of fluids, vitamin C and fruits and vegetables. If your immune system is in any way impaired then having chronic colds is pretty much normal and you have to be careful what you do and where you go, you have to avoid risky situations and contact with people when there is a cold and flu epidemic. That’s the best advice I can give you, I know that there are some questions left unanswered but if you want more information about this it is the best to talk to your doctor.

Ask them to do a test on your sinus cavity. Could be more then colds.