Hey

Have been feeling run down & generally yuk with cold-like symptoms for about 3 weeks now!

The usual stuff hasnt worked, so found this stuff at Boots.

Its an Elderberry Extract drink called Sambucol. Supposed to take it everyday to help build up immune system.

I used to take echinacea, but it never worked for me.

Anyone else tried Sambucol? did it work for you?

Any other remedies you can recommend?

I've never tried this drink, but I do know that elderberry is good for colds. Sambucol is made from Nature's Way which, in my opinion, is a very trusted natural remedy brand.

Other remedies include (and I'm sorry for any common knowledge):
Zinc lozenges
Echinacea
Vitamin C
Ginseng
Eleuthero
Licorice root (don't take if you have high blood pressure)

If you ask me, I suggest you don't get just any brand, since some can be cheaply made. Get brands from health food stores.

Traditional Medicals' Throat Coat tea is great for sore throats. Be sure to look at the ingredients so that you don't double any doses.

Nature's Sunshine's Uña de Gato is a great immune system enhancing herbal blend of Cat's Claw, Echinacea, and Astragalus Root.

Sambucol is amazing!!! This and Vitamin C is all I use to to boost my immune system hence fight cold. It works great for me.
Sambucol is made of balck elderberries which has a ton of natural antioxidants.

Tom.

Hello coolfox,

I can suggest you Sambucol for cold like symptoms

yes,

Its work for me.and also it helpful in

INFLUENZA TREATMENT

SINUS INFECTION TREATMENT

CHOLESTEROL CONTROL

ElderBerry extract can be useful in Natural remedies against flu and flu symptoms

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Black  Elderberryhas been found to be effective against the H5N1 strain of  Avian Flu.

Black Elderberry contains a unique compound called Antivirin that can help protect healthy cells and inactivateinfectious viruses

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Sambucol is an over-the-counter immune system booster with the active ingredient black elderberry extract.

Sambucus nigra, or elder, is a shrub that produces an abundance of dark berries that are processed to create a syrup-like substance known as "elderberry extract."

The elderberry shrub's flowers and fruit have a traditional use in treating these illnesses, but the specific extract included in Sambucol has shown promise in some limited clinical studies.

Elderberry extract  increases the flow of blood to the affected part of the body by dilation of the blood vessels. The spaces between the cells in the vessel walls increase to allow the larger components of the immune system, such as the phagocytes that consume and destroy bacteria.

Sambucol is awesome!!!