Can I rely on home remedies alleviate the discomfort of nasty cold and flu symptoms? I am looking for some natural drug free relief. I’ll appreciate any help.

I agree with you often relief for flu symptoms may be found at the local grocery store rather than the pharmacy. You can try with onion and garlic, honey help a lot and ginger too. Ginger is particularly valuable for flu-fighting, as it has been proven to attack and destroy influenza viruses, so try swallowing raw ginger, in the same manner as garlic, or making a strong ginger tea. To make ginger tea, grate about half a cup of fresh ginger root, place in a glass, and cover with two cups of freshly boiled water and let steep for 15 minutes. Then add a dash of hot sauce, or the juice of one lemon, or raw honey. I am sure your get the relief.