I need some info about collapsed Lungs. My husband returned home yesterday with an air flight and he told me he felt ok during all the flight time. But since this morning he started having difficulties in breathing and has sharp chest pain. I’ve heard sometime ago that these could be signs of collapsed lungs. If it is the case what we should do?

What a question-what should you do?! Go to a hospital for if it is collapsed lungs it might be really dangerous. I’ve experienced this collapsed lungs thing exactly for the same cause –pressure changes except that I was diving and your husband was flying. These symptoms you’ve described may be related to changes in pressure while flying and may indicate collapsed lungs. I stayed in a hospital for a couple of days it turned out that I had small lung collapse and it got healed by itself and I went home feeling ok after a few days. But if it is more severe problem meaning if your husband has large collapse lung then this condition should be treated immediately otherwise his lungs may get infected which will worsen his condition. And as I remember the condition is severe if is followed by high temperature, sharp chest pained or breathing difficulty or if it is followed by pain while cough or if cough sputum is yellow or green. Anyway he will have some test to do I think it’s called Chest X-ray which will show the size of collapse and where it is located and the doc will determine the treatment. I remember I was taking some drugs that made me sleepy and so I recommend if he is about to take them it’s better for him not to drive the car.