I have problems with my health so I decided to seek for medical help. My doctor said he doubt for rare problem, calcium deposits on lungs. I wonder can he confirm this diagnosis, or it is just his doubt because he has to say something. Can you tell me could X-ray determine this diagnosis, because I have heard he was thinking about this? I would appreciate any info that you could tell me about diagnosing calcium deposits on lungs.

When you go to the emergency room with chest pain, a chest X-ray, or radiograph, can help determine what your problem is. This diagnosing method can help you determine whether you have heart failure or a collapsed lung with calcium deposits. Chest X-rays can also reveal fluid in the lungs, enlargement of the heart, pneumonia and many other conditions. They are not just for detecting a broken rib or two as many people think. Despite the numerous high-tech imaging procedures now available, the basic chest X-ray remains a core tool in helping diagnose this kind of a problems. Chest X-rays are painless, quick and relatively inexpensive method that can very easy confirm if you have calcium deposits on lungs. They allow doctors to see inside your body without surgery and with minimal risk, which is something we all wish. Your doctor may suggest a chest X-ray if you have a persistent cough, an injury involving your chest, as well as calcium deposits on lungs. Along with a physical examination and medical history, a chest X-ray is often among the first procedures you will undergo if your doctor suspects you have any lung disease. Chest X-rays can detect the presence of calcium in your lungs, heart or blood vessels. Calcium deposits in your lungs may be from an old, resolved infection or a more serious disease, so definitely it should be well diagnosed.

I have had exray which comfirmed calcium deposits in lungs what does this mean ??/