I’m very concerned because I’ve coughed up blood this morning and wonder where it comes from. As far as I know I’m healthy person. It’s just that recently I started feeling this strange sharp pain in my chest and am staying without breath for short time. I don’t now why I coughed up blood this morning it is so strange to me for I don’t have any abdominal problems and I don’t see any reason for coughing up blood. So I’d like to hear some advice on this. Thanks.

First of all coughing up blood doesn’t have anything to do with abdominal diseases but it has with respiratory tract. And as I understood you have sharp chest pain and you’re breathless lately which may indicate that somehow you’ve injured your lungs causing them collapsed. But also there’re some other factors that may cause you coughing up blood such as: bronchitis, lung tumors, bleeding disorder, lung trauma, lung abscess or some strange body material in the lung and other factors. Anyway coughing up blood is sign that something isn’t wrong with your respiratory tract. You don’t spit blood so it doesn’t come from your mouth or throat or from some abdominal organ. Coughing up blood is always related to respiratory tract and your blood must be light red for it’s mixed with the air from the lungs. You better check out if you have some pulmonary problem which is most likely but it doesn’t have to mean that you’ve got some terrible disease. You might have pulmonary fibrosis that are scarp alike and which is better to be treated on time to avoid more severe complication, or you might have collapsed lungs. I’ve experienced pulmonary fibrosis for I was using some medication that have caused these scarps on my lung. You’ll first get diagnosed I think usually chest X-ray is performed in order to see the size and the condition of the possible changes at your lungs. And for the treatment I don’t know but I was prescribed antibiotics just as I was having lung inflammation.

But i am pregnant and youv'e pretty much sumed it up but should I go to the doctor for this?