I’ve got a lung inflammation called pleurasy. It’s a kind of primary pleurisy. What’s the difference between primary and non-primary pleurasy? My symptoms are severe chest pain, general weakness, dry cough and rapid pulse beat, occasionally. I’ve got some pain killers, I was suggesting limiting moving and having lot of rest.

Primary pleurisy is one to occur in not known reason. Secondary pleurisy has certain causal agent or is consequence of some other disorder. I had secondary pleurisy that was caused by bacterial pneumonia. I had sharp pain that followed each deep breath. I drank 10 glasses of fluids daily to help phlegm to be coughed up. It would make you better to have 2-3 pillows behind your back, do not lay flat and have a lot of rest. I lost my appetite when had pleurisy, and that worsen my immunity significantly.